Can anybody make this out of paper ;o)

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Mark_1984, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

View attachment 12630

Not a very good quality pic, but clever........

(even more clever if you can build one ;) First you need a piece of paper 4" wide x 1 " wide........)
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Believe it or not there already is a model of this.:twisted:
    Well, not the whole thing as displayed, just the three prong thing and a couple more Escher like models.
    I lost all my bookmarks in my last crash so I can't supply a link:cry: but I'm sure someone will.

3. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I made one of these back when my work bench was relatively clean. :) Don't remember where I downloaded it, but I could probably find it if someone wanted it.
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I remember it was on a page with a couple other illusion models and a bunch of different shapes and objects that you could manipulate in 3D space.

The site, if I remember correctly, had to do with geometric shapes and advanced mathematics.

Sure wish I could remember all the urls I ever visited!:roll:

5. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Here is a site with the Penrose's Impossible Triangle model. There are a few other optical illusion models there too. Scroll down the page to find the optical illusion models.
    Optical Illusions
    Link on left above picture for larger picture
    Link on right above picture for pdf
    Click on picture for animation showing how the illusion works and how the model will go together. Left click and drag to move the model around.

Here is my Penrose's Impossible Triangle model from the site.
  6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That's it exactly! Thanks Doug!

7. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Cool - thanks guys - that will give me something to do for an hour or so tonight :)
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Just looked at this thread... Now I'm wondering if somebody has discovered a way to make connection to the 4th dimension or something... :D Thanks for the links!
  9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I gotta build those!!!
  10. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

The Penrose's Impossible Triangle model is pretty neat. You have to view it at the correct angle and distance to get the illusion to work.
    Iceberg Paper Model links site has a model of Escher's Waterfall in gif form.
    Click on Download
    Click on diversen/other
    At bottom of page is the Escher Waterfall.
    You have to view that one at the correct angle and distance, too, but with a careful build the illusion works.:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.