Camp site

Alan Curtis

I visited Paul a few days ago and had a close-up look at Cooncreek "in the flesh", and I can tell you it looks even better than the photos suggest (if that is possible). The attention to detail is amazing, so many mini-scenes to keep you looking for a long time.

And the sound system has to be heard, not only locomotive sounds, but also birds and other woodland noises. An unforgettable visit. Superb stuff mate! :thumb:

trainrobber

Hello everyone-Shamus, I"ve been the silent eye of "The Gauge" looking in amazement at all the great stuff to build in the logging line of model railroading. Shamus your bunkcars in these photos look great. Are they scratch or kit? if scratch what type of frames and/or boxcars? are they based from? And that tiny switcher? it looks like an old 0-4-0? Is this engine modeled after something and if so what was it's purpose? I thank you for your time, it's always a pleasure viewing the great craftsmanship on this site. I've liquidated my entire old collection, 30 some engines and over 200 rolling stock. My new collection is entirely dedicated to the logging industry. I love the whole free-lancing aspect of it.
Thanks again, hopefully I'll have some pictures to contribute soon that will be up to par with the rest of the work displayed on The Gauge.

Sean Patrick

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
WOW!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I can't believe that each photo and model seems to out do the previous. Incredible work.

shamus

Registered Member
Thanks again kind friends.

Originally posted by trainrobber
Shamus your bunkcars in these photos look great. Are they scratch or kit?
-------------------------
Sean,
They are in fact Kits from Banta Models, but re-vamped with new roof and well weatherd.
-----------------------------------
And that tiny switcher? it looks like an old 0-4-0? Is this engine modeled after something and if so what was it's purpose
-----------------------------
It started out life as a Bachmann 0-4-2 Porter to which I added a new roof and odds and sods.
-------------------------------------------
Thanks again, hopefully I'll have some pictures to contribute soon that will be up to par with the rest of the work displayed on The Gauge.

Sean Patrick
Look forward to seeing photos of your logging layout soon.
shamus

jon-monon

What scale are you modeling Sean? I remember you, glad you were just lurking and not gone :) welcome back to non-lurking status, at least for a while :) And welcome to logging!

trainrobber

Thanks for the welcome. I'm working with ho right now, haven't quite graduated to the narrow gauge yet. Got my my hands full with the new layout. I just purchased "Railroads in the woods", what a great book. Got the book from Valley Model Trains in NYC. The store has a nice inventory of logging odds and ends.

Sean Patrick