Camera mounted on train

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Bill Pontin said:
Slept on the idea of taking it apart and decided to bite the bullet this morning....Now all I needed was a car. Decided to build one, nothing prototypical, but something functional with a little eye appeal.

I guess in N scale that side exiting wire would be a pain. Though easier, it's not much fun in HO. I've always wondered why they've done it that way. :thumb: :thumb: Love that car :thumb: :thumb: kinda reminds me of a Wonka-vision camera. ;), too cool.

docsnavely

Sep 20, 2004
Zushi, Japan
This might just be a shot in the dark, or altogether un-practical, but what about making it into a slug?:confused: Recently there was a thread about slugs. You could try to model a slug, and have the camera in it. That way, you could have it dead infront of the loco w/no rivet counters saying that it isn't prototypical. Just my newbie mind thinking. :rolleyes:

-doc

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
Another way that it could be mounted with a little more versitility would be to lay the camera flat so that it was looking straight up and then mount a small mirror at a 45* angle above it. With the right distance and mirror size you wouldn't even know that it wasn't the camera looking directly ahead. The mirror could also be pivoted to get different angles from the train. Record all of the views of different angles highlighting all of the special features and splice them together for a regular movie featuring your layout. :thumb: :thumb: :D :D