***CALLING ALL MODEL ENTHUSIASTS - Participate in a huge community project!!***

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by summerson84, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. summerson84

summerson84 New Member

Hi fellow model makers,

Calling all model enthusiasts to participate in a huge community project to build an ENTIRE TOWN of Spayneville from paper card models.

Concept, art and themes are at http://spayneville.blogspot.com

Dark town Spayneville needs PLENTY of buildings. This is your perfect chance to showcase your work, with a building and storyline that is created BY YOU. If this project kicks off, there may very well be many people who will download and build your work!

We paper card model makers are pivotal to the success of this project - the faster we build, the bigger and more elaborate Spayneville becomes, the more non hobbyists will be reeled in

All that is needed is ten or more dedicated paper card model designers for this project to grow at a rapid rate.

Simply follow the instructions on the website. Design, build and submit .PDF files of your building together with photographs. Designs will be handpicked and featured for ALL to download.

The Origin of Spayneville

Small town Spayneville, founded 1893. It flourished and grew with the hardwork of its early inhabitants.

Spayneville quickly established itself as a retreat and sanctuary for the broken, with it’s scenic backdrop and friendly townsfolk.

“Spayneville’s where you wanna spend your last days,” they used to say.

All this changed in the year 1954.

It first began with the men, with the wives noticing a marked predilection to violence in their husbands. Then it came to afflict the women and the young.

Noone knows why it happened. Some say that evil came upon the town with the setting up of the coal mines up north in the same year.

The deeper they dug, the darker the hearts of the townsfolk grew.

Strangely, some of the inhabitants were spared from this madness.
    Word has it that they tried to flee their homes, but none ever made it to the outside world.

More pictures, wallpapers, posters and models at http://spayneville.blogspot.com
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Super! Glad you made it here to post. :) I will be following with much interest!
  3. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Looks like this could get a bit weird ;)

Hope it takes off - I shall watch with interest. ('fraid I don't design though)
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Can't believe you two fell for this spam!
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

This is not spam. ;)
  6. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Sounds pretty interesting - like an HP Lovecraft story. Unfortunately I don't design models either, but I'll be checking out the site for more details as this goes on.
  7. summerson84

summerson84 New Member

No spam bro.

I'm just a single independent artist not some crappy corporation trying to leech of this. I just really love doing stuff like that in my freetime.. :)
    All the graphics and stuff are done by myself.

All my projects are foc for fans to DIY. If you don't believe, check out my other blog http://paperartgadgets.blogspot.com

I got into this after designing a few models of popular gadgets that became well recieved.
  8. summerson84

summerson84 New Member

ah.. yes I really hope it kicks off. Need all the help I can get, if not this whole thing will move really slowly, with only myself designing the buildings, because I have other committments as well.

Im enlisting the help of some old friends of mine who are in architecture though.

If you are designing.. it would be great man.
  9. Nekayah

Nekayah Member

Too weird for my blood, but different folk, different tastes I guess.
  10. goney3

goney3 Member

After looking at the site, sounds like this place would make a good movie ;)
    That butcher shop looks really well done.
  11. summerson84

summerson84 New Member

Lol. That's okay. To each his own :) I know the theme's kind of dark and all..

Have u heard of Todd McFarlane's toys? He's the artist behind Spawn.
    I love his toys.. he has series on Dragons, Faces of Madness and others.

Really dark stuff but very very well done.
  12. summerson84

summerson84 New Member

Ah. thanks:)

lol. its partly due to the photography of the model i must admit.

Had to hide certain flaws like frayed edges ;)
  13. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Well I have been wrong before and I have no problem admitting it.
    I could be wrong this time too and again, I have no problem admitting that either.
    I'm not one to go back and edit my post even when I am wrong so it can just stay there as permanent proof of my human traits.

Plus I sure hope you can prove me wrong.
    At first look, this was nothing more than an advertisement.

14. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I agree with Russell, besides, try to understand, we are VERY reluctant to make models for someone we do not yet know. If you had been a member for awhile, got to know us first, I'm sure we would ALL be very excited to participate in your project.

Take no offense ( unless you want to LOL) hang around...show us more of your work, tell a joke or two, get to know us...
  15. airbob

airbob Member

Russell and Phil.
    ....Also you MUST tell him of the "requirement" to give an apple or cherry pie to each and every member who has been here for more than 1 year-at thier request -and the administrators and the forum chiefs may request two!....myself I like cherry......LOL
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  16. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

I remember a little board game where all the inhabitants were being taken over by aliens.....

17. summerson84

summerson84 New Member

sure thing Russell and Phil.

More on myself: I'm Junyang from Singapore. 23M undergraduate.

Lol guess i took abit of the personal touch out of writing the original post in such a way.

Sure, I understand that there are many pirates out there who STEAL stuff. I wouldnt want someone to plagiarize or sell my own work either. So i perfectly understand your reasonings.

hmm.. I guess I'm not asking you guys to make models for me, but for this project, to bring more people into paper modelling as well as work on something fun together as a modelling community :). Paper modelling is great, because the materials are so readily accessible, and designing your own models are within reach --- you don't need industrial materials or machines to make stuff for u.
  18. summerson84

summerson84 New Member

My work

I'm relatively new to card modelling. I made a Star Wars AT-ST model i found online a month ago. Im not sure which of you actually made those.

but anyways, it looked great and I loved the results enough to jump straight into designing my own. My models are on http://paperartgadgets.blogspot.com Ive made an Xbox360, Playstation 3, Xbox HDDVD drive, Nintendo DS Lite and a somemore. The Xbox 360 was quite popular with the video gaming fans and I conceptualized building an original town from card models, with contributions from other card modelling enthusiasts out there.

A collective picture of all the models on gadgets that Ive made:

I'm also a photographer, so that makes taking pictures of my models much easier. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.