Calling all Gauge members!

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
Val this is a great idea but what are you going to do when 1,200 members plus a few hundred family members all show up at your house next year? :eek: :eek: :eek:

yeah val - Where we all gonna park!!??!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Clerk

Val...If I win the Lotto, the wife and I will be there. If not, we will be here wishing we were there and looking forward to the pictures.:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

Arlaghan

WOW!!!

Val, we're getting a much better response than I first anticipated!

I think the original plan was to see how many interested folks there are. This is why we really haven't set out any "specifications" in stone yet, as we wanted to get views from everyone coming as to what he/she wants to build.

I'm with you, Val... 2' would be more room to put some great scenery - our chance for 15 minutes of fame! I think if we all coordinate, we can make all sorts of modules, with the conversion modules being some of them. We should set a time to meet in the chat room with all interested people so we can flesh out more of the details...

C

Catt

Val,this to is TTRAK,This is a double length but standard width module.I am planning on at least two 48"x12" modules also.

ttrakdone.jpg

jawatkins

If Glen gets a job and can take some time off, we'd love to come. Of course, we'd have to go and visit his Mom and Dad in Winnepeg too. Would really like to meet the people on the forum.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Count me in Val. I missed the previous one and want to be there this time.
Can I make a cardboard structure for you?

spitfire

Originally posted by sumpter250
I assume we'll be able to run trains, so, is someone already tasked with corner modules?

Not yet Pete, but they will be. Right now we're just trying to find out how many modules there will be. Once that's set, we can talk about who builds corners.

Originally posted by Arlaghan
I think if we all coordinate, we can make all sorts of modules, with the conversion modules being some of them.

Good point. On the oNeTRAK website, they show how their 12" modules connect to NTRAK 24" modules. Don't see why we can't do the same.

cheers
Val

spitfire

Originally posted by Matthyro
Count me in Val. I missed the previous one and want to be there this time.
Can I make a cardboard structure for you?

That would be AWESOME!!!!!

:D Val

Drew1125

Hi Val!
I was thinking I could send a structure too...&/or some rolling stock...?

Sure wish I could be there, but I've got a daughter getting married next summer, & my travel budget is pretty much non-existant till then...:rolleyes:

spitfire

Well friends, this project is gathering steam (pun intended). We now have a sign-up sheet for contributors (modules or otherwise). So let's here what module standard you want to build, what time-frame works for you, or what else you might like to contribute. It's in the N/Z forum right here

cheers!
Val

Arlaghan

Everyone,

Val put up an official sign-up thread in the N/Z forum. Why not go check it out and if you plan on entering a module, go ahead and sign up and vote for your module standards:

http://www.the-gauge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6966

I for one am looking forward to this! We should be making a final decision on standards to use soon, because Summer of '04 really isn't that far away, and we ought to get a'Crackin! :D :D

EDIT: Doh! Val just beat me to it by minutes!!! Sorry for the repeat post. :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek:

spitfire

Originally posted by Charlie
Hi Val!
I was thinking I could send a structure too...&/or some rolling stock...?

Sure wish I could be there, but I've got a daughter getting married next summer, & my travel budget is pretty much non-existant till then...:rolleyes:

That would be fantastic Charlie. I guess we can all understand coming second place to your daughter's wedding!

cheers
Val

C

Catt

Val,I'd like to commit to coming north of the border if for no other reason than meeting my co-founding friend Robin(of NARA).All I can say at this point is I will try to be there on whatever date is chosen.

I will have to build a new NTRAK module though as my present ones are not going out of the house let alone the country.:( (actually thats not true they have one more show before they head for the landfill)

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
What, no OCMODS????

Originally posted by spitfire
To summarize the choices so far:
NTRAK: 2' x 4' module, 3 track main
TTRAK: 12-1/8 inches by 8-1/4 "
oNeTRAK: 1' x 4', 1 track main

How 'bout us larger scale moduleers??? :D

Or, I could just bring along an On18 Critter to run on your tracks...