Calling All Disney-related Cardmodels!

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by Trader Sam, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

2. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

3. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

4. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

5. SteveM

SteveM Member

Both Stitch and Buzz were by Civi Cheng of, but he stopped distributing them. I believe for copyright reasons, after all, he is a commercial artist ands needs to be careful about such things.
  6. 3Turner

3Turner Member

Not to hi-jack the thread, but would anyone know if any of the planes from Tail Spin are available as card models? Especially the Seaduck. I always looked forward to watching the cartoon every day after school.
  7. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

Yeah, I've built that one. A friend scanned the pages, and I cleaned them up & adjusted them to fit on 8.5x11 paper. That thing is light as a feather, but it's as solid as a rock! Now that I have a physical reference of the castle, I hope to design my own version--and as any of you who have built my models knows, I generally like to work big.:wink:

Those plane models are nice. I'm looking for any models that have to do with Disney (film, animation, theme parks, etc.), so don't hold back.
  8. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

that's how I built it too. only I got an orginal model book from ebay. somebody had it in a collection of needlecraft books!!! I got it for $5.

BTW, Congrats on the Disney Gig, I'm green with envy.

9. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I must say, my head shrinking friend, that your models are the best. AND you probably have the coolest job I could imagine! Sorry I have no input on your question though. Just wanted to say Hi.
  10. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

11. tnkr

tnkr New Member

12. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

13. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

You work for YOURSELF! That was my point. I know you are not employed by or affiliated with, The Mouse!
  14. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

I thought your blog said you got a gig at the mouse house for the next couple of weeks.
  15. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

No. Where did you see that?
  16. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

oh my mistake, it was ray over at haunted mansion that got the gig. you may want to drop him a note and see if disney has room for one more...
  17. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

Actually, he got a temporary job working for Universal Orlando (not Disney). He said he'd put in a good word for me. Working for a big company like that would be scary and overwhelming, but cool. :grin: I personally don't think I'd make the cut. But, you know what they say about us artists: we're our own worst critic.
  18. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

fear of getting fired is far worse than actually getting fired. trust me. I've been in both places.

confidence is your best allie. believe in yourself, and others will. easier said than done, I know.
  19. cjd

cjd Member

20. McPeek

McPeek Member

Here is a simple Disneyland Moonliner-here

Here, is a quicky link too the models cjd mentioned. It appears too be only a gallery of the owners models.