calling all aussies

Discussion in 'International Modelers' started by mick, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Grizz

Grizz Member

Good to hear from you. I wonder how much trouble it would be to start up a little back shed mail business? Nah, then I would have to clean out the shed but the main problem would be wanting to keep them all for myself.

2. That would be a great idea but you don't need to clean out the back shed as most cardstock models could be kept on a seperate harddrive or even if printed kepted flat packed in folders and the likes until needed for sale, many years ago I use to sell brass scale ho trains I did have a shed but it was only a 15'x 18'garden shed and it also housed my train layout so it served 2 purposes. It maybe just the idea to get a small industry going here in Oz give it some real thought before abanding it.
  3. Grizz

Grizz Member

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

I'm still way too wet behind the ears but always looking to the future. After all the running around I've done lately to build up a suitable supply of tools and card it would be nice to have a central point for everything. But that's all part of the fun of card modelling.

Have a safe new year celebration,

4. Wolfinlied

Wolfinlied Member

Hi everyone, NSW australia here. Just checking in to say hi :)
  5. Hi Wolfinlied, great to see you up and running on the forum I don't get on it much I should but much too busy with other stuff that a lot of the people of this world wouldn't understand anyway have fun building cradstock I enjoy it as a break form my plastic stuff.
  6. Wolfinlied

Wolfinlied Member

Yeah its a good cheap way to entertain myself ^_^
  7. Muttley09

Muttley09 New Member

G'day all Adelaide S.A here.Still pretty new to cardmodels site and i've only just scratched the surface on reading through the forums.

8. 727engineer

727engineer New Member

G'day Muttley and everyone else from our sunburnt country! I'm in Cairns but I see some of us are from Townsville!!! Just getting started with a 1/72 scale Boeing 727!! Don't know if it is what i'm supposed to cut my teeth on, but I'll have a go!!!
  9. dansls1

dansls1 Member

I'm not from Australia - but my car is! 2004 GTO (Monaro if you didn't know ;) ). Contrary to the cool sales and reception of the vehicle by the general populus - you guys build a great car!

10. John Griffin

John Griffin Member

Formerly of Melbourne... now in SLC Utah, but will be back to visit Sydney and Mel in August for a couple weeks. Can't wait.
  11. Hey dansls1 they tel me that there is still thousands of those modern Goats (GTO) still sitting around in the States I can't understand why although not a GM man Fords more my car, they ain't too bad. I wouldn't buy one though as here we refer to them as the 2 door dunny door and they are a crap machine. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that cos I'm a Ford guy as far as I'm concerned thet only good GM product anywhere in the world is the older Goats but I wouldn't have a Holden here even if someone gave it to me.
  12. pbhawkin

pbhawkin Member

Hi all,
    just to say I am still (slowly) doing card models. Ships in 1/250 and aircraft in 1/72 and now have finished:
    1. V105 (Digital navy free download)
    2. Uruguayan cruiser (torpedo boat) (free download from Uruguayan site)
    3. Ting Yuen chinese battleship (rescaled free download from Taiwan site)
    4. A-don Jap mini sub 1/48 (like what attacked Sydney harbour)
    5. bunch of ww1 planes for my sons mobile in his bedroom.
    6. ?

What is everyone else up to?
  13. charliec

charliec Active Member

Panzer 1F (WAK) build nearly finished and reported in this forum.
    Panzer 1A (Supermodel) build - trying to figure out whether to build it as designed or add some scratchbuilt components.

Thinking about a Tiger....

14. pbhawkin, I have a truckload of trucks all free downloads, I only hunt out the free ones as being on a pension it's hard enough to live on $400 a fortnight without spend that cash only cardstock models from overseas. Although I must say I've been very lucky and blessed, someone from Sweden has sent me two (2) CDRoms full of cardstock truck models & a few cars and I've just printed off the first of two (2) kits that are on them one is a Peterbilt and the other a Mack, the Mack I've printed on Glossy photo paper to get the shiny effect it looks great so when we get some more ink (printer just ran out) I'll do the Peterbilt on gloss card as well. The only problem is that the gloss stuff is expensive compared to the standard cardstock stuff so I have to becareful in what I print.
  15. badgerys

badgerys Member

G'Day Mick!

I am in Lawson in the Blue Mountains.
    Are You by any chance planning a meeting of the Aussie members?
    Would be really great if somebody would organize one.

Kind regards

16. badgerys

badgerys Member

Hi Peter!
    Nice to find You in this forum.
    As for what I am building:
    V100 from Albrecht Pirling reduced to 1:43
    Starfighter F104
    A railwaystation platform designed by my friend Rudolf (dolfmeister)

when You are next in the mountains please drop in.
    Kind regards

17. orpheusrocker

orpheusrocker New Member

Coo-eee mate!!:wave:

I'm from Newcastle, NSW. (go the Knights)

I'm 49 and began as a kid by building / botching every Airfix header bag kit available. This was back when sniffing glue was unavoidable. On cracker night my collection would diminish as each would explode shortly after being launched from M&D's elevated back porch. Sick but cool!! I was born to be an Alice Cooper fan I guess.:twisted:

I am SOOOO impressed with the builds on this site and the encouragement offered to newbies. I'm wrestling with a GPM F4e Mig Killer at the moment (only needs roo roundels to pose as RAAF. The fine parts like the canopy frame (plan to vac-form) are driving me crazy though. I might have to sell one of the kids so I can spread out the gear a bit. They are all really nice waiting to find out who is going to be IT.

Anyhow .... G'day:wave:
  18. Nexus9

Nexus9 Member

G'day all. Newcastle here. I do mostly SF and aircraft. Only done a few that are reasonable, but I agree with Peter H, I'm just having fun.
  19. Daniyal

Daniyal New Member

G'day ppl. Just moved to Melbourne, Vic a month ago from Dubai, United Arab Emirates. I don't design but i made lots of models including the bike YZF-R1 from yamaha papercraft. Looking forward to meeting designers (those who work in pepakura) cuz i need to learn a bit of pepakura. peace...
  20. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

I will be visiting in February 08. Melbourne, Sydney, Wagga Wagga and beaching it in Cairns. I have a friend in the RAAF in Wagga and my cousin married an Aussie in Melbourne. I meet her husband for the first time right after you guys purloined the America's Cup from some unsuspecting American sailors <grin>.