Callahan's - Calling all Punsters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
So for those who have not read any of Spider Robinson's "Callahan's Crosstime Saloon" novels, Callahan's is a bar were all sorts of people hang out and partake in various activities. In the spirit of Punday (go read the book!) Let us begin a thread for all the punners out there! (I really hope this thread takes off :))

So, to misquote Shakespeare; "Cry havoc & let fly the puns of war!"

bgt01

Exemplary Confidant
Jan 26, 2012
Ohio
This tread's got me in stitches! Let's hope everyone can take the needling and the whole thing doesn't unravel!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
@DanBKing : Darn - you have taken my phrase! :Grin:

OK, here is mine:

Recently on IFB News:
A large group of Ovion miners were on strike because of a new working procedure. They were carrying posters saying, "No frakking fracking!"

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Feb 29, 2012
Netherlands
This tread's got me in stitches! Let's hope everyone can take the needling and the whole thing doesn't unravel!

With no strings attached.
Maybe some will cotton on ..
But, most will be like a needle in a haystack, clutching at the straws, and realizing that the eye is not quite as big as it seems.
Even in the center of the storm .....

Reactions: bgt01

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
Sew, let me address bgt01 first of all. Well that was a fantastic thread for the thread, it was a bit patchy though :) Let me wind my way to DanBKing, eye never saw it that way! Those puns truly blew me away. As long as it wasn't a storm in a tea-cup :)

Reactions: bgt01

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
"Tempest in a Teapot?". Though, not a very big car, I can't see how it would fit!

My older brother's '63 Tempest looked just like the one in the pic below. 3 speed floor shifter. A really nice car. It was a size that American cars should have stayed at for a while, instead of inflating them bigger and bigger every year. :)

30433440001_large.jpg

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Feb 29, 2012
Netherlands
I heard that Pyramid Selling has become popular there.
But, I sphinx its a load of old camel dung.
But, there again, if you go pharaoh-nuff, you might find a Cairo-practor......... ;)

Reactions: Cybergrinder

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I wouldn't by a Pyramid without having a thorough shpinx-tour. :mooner:

Reactions: Cybergrinder

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Feb 29, 2012
Netherlands
The thread is still young and yet the subject is already going off at all sorts of angles. Some might say we could end up going around in circles, but I think we should square up to the subject at hand, without going off at a tangent all the time.
Really, it could be an acute problem, but maybe if we are able to triangulate our position here, then we could all end up with a big obtuse piece of Pi .......

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Feb 29, 2012
Netherlands
Who gives a fork ............?!
Do I have to spoon feed you all the time ???
Honestly, swallow your pride. You really do live on the knife edge, don't you!?!

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Feb 29, 2012
Netherlands
Pffft! Now that takes the biscuit!
Where did you whisk that up from.... ?
You jumped out of the pot into the frying pan!
I think 'PepperGrinder' would be a better name for you.
Then you could really rub some salt into the wound!
I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket, if I was you. Your likely to get fried!

Reactions: Revell-Fan

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Feb 29, 2012
Netherlands
Going off topic a minute, this is the truth......

My current WhatsApp messenger status is also a play on words: "On a Spanish vacation; InCommunicado! " ;)

I had a Dutch woman send me a message last night:
Ow wat leuk. Je bent op vakantie in Spanje! Tot wanneer? Maar waar precies is Communicado? Ik kan het op het kaart niet vinden!!!!!!

(Oh how nice! You are on holiday in Spain! How long are you gone for? But, where exactly is Communicado? I cant find it on the map!!!!! )

:lolsign::lolsign:

I nearly choked on my glass of wine when I read that ........., Hahahahahahahaha

Reactions: Revell-Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.