Call me capitalist...

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by paper warrior, Mar 13, 2007.

1. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

I was thinking, if we had a machine to mass produce finished cardmodels in a certain scale. Say 1/72, we could sell them in bags of 50 for about $2.50 as a much cheaper alternative to wargaming with plastic models. $10.00 could buy a small army. And if we did Kubelwagens, we could sell a bag of those for half the price or twice the models. It's just another half thought rambling, but the idea is good.

2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

3. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Why not?

Some of us are dreaming about kits of other kinds

Just remember: the worldwide market is about 50 :)

4. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

You mean the age of the market? Im confused.
  5. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

No, the number that would be interested in buying them!

PW: I was just kidding! It is a great idea. There are lots of 1/72 WGs around out there. How is the Kubel coming?

6. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

The Kubels all touched up and weathered, and I have made the structure of the base. More progress tonight.
  7. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

If you would like to market some 1:72 wargaming stuff, PM me thru the forum. I have some contacts in the Cdn model market that might be interested. Nebeltex may like this too!

8. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Actually, I already work for Clifford. He will be selling my Mobelwagen soon. :D
  9. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Best of luck to you. No capitalism, you value your work. This is very good!
  10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

"Number 48 reporting, I'll take my bag now! Is it soup yet?

Quick, where's my Aleene's...and my blade...and my mat!..AAAHHhhhhhh!

.:roll: ....:twisted:
  11. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

we are rather picky about who carries our models (as anyone should be about theirs). we are, however, willing to entertain suggestions (PM please). currently our models are also offered at one other site and we are in negotiations with another.

interesting brain-storm.... not realistic for a number of reasons, but highly entertaining :)...
  12. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

No prob: I was only answering a rhetorical question! As far as I am concerned, PTA holds the market on hi-qual wargaming models. You and PW need to talk offline. I will gladly send you my contact info, and I am really glad to see you folks protect their work.

I have no plans to mass-produce models. just tools & accessories, maybe, someday...I am still trying to get a roof over my workshop right now....

13. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

You have an idea that needs to be discussed with nebeltex offline. Nothing wrong with the concept. Marketing is the issue here: trust me on this one!
  14. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Only problem with that is that he's in Texas and im in Arizona.