Calgary Supertrains

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by rockislandmike, Feb 16, 2004.

1. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Well, didn't really see anything new, and didn't find a single good deal. Oh well, maybe next time. I did take two pics of a new section from the Edmonton modeling group, a freeway and a Tim Hortons.

2. rockislandmike

Just noticed, the service station in the top right is a Walthers structure (I finished it some time ago, it's going to be Triple X Tires on my layout). Amazing how frequently you can identify kits on layouts after you've been modeling for a while; they do tend to look all alike, don't they. Thank goodness I've started scratchbuilding and kitbashing.
  3. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Hehe, you are so right about that, still, a good scene though :wave:
  4. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Nice, very nice indeed. looks a busy place.
  5. mojo

mojo Member

:wave: Great pics!!!
  6. OwenCPR

OwenCPR Member

Look closely at the second photo.....the white van on the left side of the road under the overpass is actually a speed camera car, and has a LED flash every seven seconds at a car which is obscured by the rail bridge.....very cool (not for the driver of the car tho!!!)
  7. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Good looking photos of a very busy mini scene Mike.
  8. rockislandmike

WOW. I never even noticed that, Owen. Now **THAT** is impressive (and very prototypical lol).
  9. OwenCPR

OwenCPR Member

Can't take credit for noticing. One of the club members pointed it out while I was discussing the supurb electonics on that layout - signalling, DCC, block detection, animation etc