Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Jan 1, 2007.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I want to make a card models calendar for everyone to download. If you would like your model to be considered for the calendar please send me a pm. I need a HIGH quality image for the calendar. Please note if more than 12 people respond I will need to make the choice of what to include. I want to make sure to include as many different types of models as well.
  2. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

PM on the way. Great Idea! Thanks - Rich
  3. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Does the standard 640x480 forum size count as high quality? If so I'd like to throw my hat in the ring. If not I'll take a higher res pic and still like to be considered.
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Not nearly good enough to make a print quality photo. I want this to be nice enough to hang on a wall :) Pics should be at least 2 megapixels. I want a pm so I can give you my email addy to send pictures. I dont want it on the forums due to apps that scrape them out of forums for spam engines.... :D
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Bah, I get enough spam anyways - no matter. :D

Send me your pics to make sure the filename includes what the model is and you cardmodels userid.
    Thanks all!

oh and if you have gmail feel free to add me to your chat :)
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

some types I am looking for:
    civil plane
    pioneer age plane
    sci fi
    human figure
    please send me pics if ya have any spares laying around :)

p.s. not limited to this, I just want to make sure I get a variety!
  7. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

If you want I can send a few more photos tonight when I get home from work and add some vehicles and other items into the background scene?

Thanks - Rich
  8. Grizz

Grizz Member

Great idea Chris.

Would you consider using the winner and runners up in the recent free model comp? There are some fantastic models submitted and it would be a great talking point for generating interest in getting started with card models ie see what can be accomplished using freely available downloads.

Just a thought,

9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I sure can Grizz. Assuming voting is done in a timely manner. I am considering getting january out ahead of the rest of the calendar since its january now..... This will allow more time for people to send me pics. I also hope to use the winner of the POTW vote.