C-57D from Forbidden Planet

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by TexasTubaMan, May 18, 2007.

1. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

Is there a card model of the C-57D Spaceship from Forbidden Planet? I know there is a plastic kit by Polar Lights, but it is out of production I believe, and has gone up quite a bit in price. Are there any good drawings/schematics of the ship?

2. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

since the ship doesn't have a detailed hull, i don't think you'd need much of a schematic for this... just take the profile from below...
  3. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

*fingers wander over to Metasequoia*
  4. dkaniel

dkaniel Member

A few years ago while at a Sci-Fi convention I picked up a set of drawings for the C-57D Cruiser. They were originally published in 1983 by the Noron Group. It comes with 5 fold-out type blueprints. Two of the plans show exterior views of the ship. The best exterior plan shows the ship with extended landing gear and a man size figure at the bottom for scale reference. The sheets are about 17"X22" in size, way to big to attempt to scan electronically on my computer. If you would like some smaller copies of the sheet sent by snail mail then contact me with your address info.
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

If you take them to a UPS store, Staples or Office Depot they can scan them to digital for you in color. Then your 'backed up'.

Fortunately for me I had access to a 36" scanner but the downside was it was B&W only.