C-123 Provider by NOBI

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Alcides, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Alcides

Alcides Member

2. Very cool!!! The C-123 is a neglected bird. Will Mel Gibson be in the cockpit?

Cheers --- Larry
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

naw............... Nicholas Cage

Can't wait! But could it be this?

Attached Files:

4. michik

michik Member

that one is an Aeritalia G-222, designated C-27 in the USA.

Admittedly, there's some resemblence between the two types, but that is true for almost every twin engined military transporter.

5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

You are right Michi,

Two main wheels, turbo props........... I guess it's hard to improve on a good idea.........

6. hpept

hpept Member

That's a good suggestion for NOBI, john...:twisted:
    Why not designing a G-222 with italian markings? I would love it, and i'm sure ashrunner would love too.
  7. Is this a generational thing (grin)? I much preferred Air America to ConAir, though I do like Cage movies in general. As for the photo, no, those turbo-props will never do. Gotta have big, round P&W engines to be respectable.

Cheers --- Larry
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I don't know Larry................lots of Herky Bird drivers might have a thing or too to say about that one!

Yeah.......... I'm an Air America guy too, but the image of that Provider busting down through Lost Wages was too cool to forget!

Watch out for the Golden BB!
  9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

hpept.......... Maybe we can nudge him a liitle, since this is the NEWEST USAF transport, I would be cool to have it in both Italian and USAF markings.

Reminds me of an Italian Greyhound............ weird I know.

10. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Oh well...now everybody know my future project :) I do C-123 Provider because RTAF (Royal Thai Air Force) have this C-123 in service in past and now she sleep beauty in museum. I will finish my Provider in Thai's marking and yes I will do in conair's marking too 8) and anybody request extra marking please tell me.
  11. There's no accounting for tastes. I'm a sucker for big, round engines, fat fuselages, and even multiple wings.

You do have a point :)

Cheers --- Larry
  12. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Update for C-123's progress...I'm not work on her in recent day due to load of work and bad emotion :p ...Progress today is finish modified wingtip to be can unroll and add panelline into mesh...will be unroll tonight.

13. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Please also include the USAF Vitenam scheme!!!

BTW, are you also including the C-123's Jet Pods?
  14. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Today I add a camou of C-123 Provider...This bird will be in Thai camouflage with 3 colors...Brown, Green and Darkgreen. I don't know this is Vietnam camou or not but look real cool. Will post progress soon.

15. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Update Provider today...I finish unfold whole fuselage with tail and tail wing...take 6 pages letter size for that unroll. Figure about wing's unroll will use a lot of paper to unroll too :)

16. Alcides

Alcides Member

Please put all the formers and strips in a separate page

17. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Tonight I'm working on wing...seperate into 4 parts before unroll. Now I must use 10 pages letter size to arrange unroll part into. Working is slow because some external motives make me work slowly.

18. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Back to update Provider again after long break :) now I'm finish all parts, Internal former and connection strip. Use 15 pages letter size to arrange all. I will color and test build soon.

19. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Looks good NOBI. How does designing this one compare to that of the C-130?
  20. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Long time we not talk :) This Provider is different from Hercules, Hercules is Metaseq+Pepakura but Provider is Metaseq+Rhino but same designer :p Rhino make my design look real good than.