Bye Bye F7!!

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
well started project number 2 now that boxmotor number 1 is running (albeit a bit roughly as she has no flywheel!)

Basic materials;-

2x Athearn F7A (one powered one dummy)
razor saw
filler
super glue

Can you guess whats its going to be yet? ;)

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
Ray,
That picture reminded me of a late good friend's rendition of the Little Joe. He took 2 Athearn F7A's and cut the shells behind the side doors then glued the cab shells back to back. He had it mounted on a switcher chassis with a dummy pantograph up top. He called it the 'Mighty Little Joe'. Jerry had a great sense of humor, he also had a 'one off' Cab Forward steam locomotive which was made by splicing 2 Dockside, (0-4-0) locos and adding a Cab Forward cab, it was pretty authentic except that it was missing a few wheels. Sadly I never got pictures of either of these neat little guys before he passed away and I never knew any of his family.

2slim

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
interurban said:
Send me about 300pounds Sterlin and I`ll see what I can do, it will have sound and be ready for DCC is that a problem??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :p :p :thumb:

BLI sell them over here Sparkie :D

No, BLI sell the GG1 over there not the EP-2. and how else do you think i am controlling my layout? none of these fume belching gas burning things on my rails! ;)

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
well, just about to start project boxmotor 2 and i have got my track on order so getting around to laying my interurban now!

And found something to make a very posh urban station with - my old Peco OO overall roof kits so the East Surrey Traction is going to have a mainline station thats posher than the heavies.

Wonder which would be busier? :D