Buying first time RC Helicopter?

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by isska123, Jun 7, 2007.

1. isska123

isska123 New Member

I want to buy a RC Helicopter. I am looking for E-Sky Honey Bee CP2, 6ch it is around $120-150 range. I also want to fly it at least 20 min. any suggestions. Do I get in trouble if I fly near my apartment. I also want a cheap USB /WIFI Camera to hook it up around 50 bucks please give me any suggestions. Thanks
  2. tomdabananaman

tomdabananaman New Member

3. Squidbait

Squidbait Recovering ALCO-holic

The Honey Bee isn't bad, but if this is your first heli, you may find that a CP is a bit much to handle. Also, budget for replacement parts, because even with the training gear, you're going to break landing skids, blades, and several other parts before you successfully hover.

You tend to get what you pay for with helis, and the cheaper the heli, the more tweaking and fiddling is required to get them to fly well.

Also, birds of the HB class can't handle much breeze at all, so your flying is going to be pretty much indoors except on very calm days.

You could also look at the Blade CP from Horizon, it's a solid heli and a good flyer, as is the Heli-Max Axe CP.

If you've never flown RC before, I'd suggest you start with the Blade CX or Axe EZ. You'll be able to fly these right out of the box without crashing, and they're easy to fly indoors.