Buyer Beware!!!!!

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
I got the following message off of another model railroad list...

I thought that I would bring it to everyone's attention.....

Background: An outfit calling itself 'Blue Flame Productions' has apparently raided George Elwood's Fallen Flag web site for photos and made up numerous CDs of various railroads violating clearly posted Copyright information. Stuebben is one of the folks who had photos taken by him and from his collection lifted and sold. This is an update message from him.

Roger Hensley

--------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 23:20:55 -0500
Subject: [NYC-Railroad] Pirated PC / NYC / PRR Photos - Update #1

Thanks to assistance from members of the railfan community, I recently received in the mail the NYC Photo CD and confirmed that it is a duplicate of George Elwood's site. Every image on the CD that I examined is identical to one George had posted. Well ... there is one major difference -- all information about the photographer and collection from which the image came was deleted. This is purposeful, deceitful copyright violation on a scale seldom seen.

These CDs are making their way to train shows. At a recent show in Wentzville, Missouri, several dealers had a total of over 500 for sale at a price of around $20 each. Thanks to the efforts of railfan James Tiroch, the sellers agreed to remove the CDs from their displays. I really appreciate your work, Jim!

In the mean time, I'm still trying to track down who is behind "Blue Flame Productions." My best bet is to find out who the retailers are, and then ask the dealers who they are buying from. When you see these CDs at railfan events or stores, please let me (stuebben@flash.net) or George Elwood (gelwood@dnaco.net) know they are so we can speak with them.

Now that I have the evidence, I need to find out who the culprit is.

Gary Stuebben
Dayton, OH

K.V.Div

I will be attending a few shows here on the west coast over the next few months and I will keep a lookout for them.

Cheers!

Terry