But it's a dry heat!

newhall

Jul 17, 2006
California
www.NewhallStation.com
Out in Los Angeles we have hit 105-107 during the day and 70-75 after 10:00 PM. I will take that anyday! :thumb: Having suffered through many summers of 24x7 of 90+ degrees with 99% humidity in New York City :eek: , I'm a firm believer of dry heat back here in the West. :wave:

santafewillie

Aug 4, 2002
era tx
Visit site
Chris, I second that dry heat thing, it's for real. Houston, about 300 miles away, has that 90+ humidity and I hate it. Here's a picture of the thermometer in my train room taken today, it shows 113. It was tolerable but I'm not so addicted (I think) that I spent time there. Following that picture is another that shows why I don't operate in these temperatures.

Attachments

• temperature.jpg
    temperature.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 33
  • warped track.jpg
    warped track.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 32

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Chessie6459 said:
Wow Guys. The highest i have ever seen it here in Pa was 102 and that is here in my hometown of Portage. I don't think I would be able to go through all that heat like you guys do.
Heck, I ain't bragging, but it was 100 at midnight here last night. It cooled down to 92 later on though. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
santafewillie said:
Here's a picture of the thermometer in my train room taken today, it shows 113.
If your train room was like my train room (also known as the garage) I can understand how it got so hot. My track also looked like it was laid by a drunk during the summer.

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Another hi temp story

I was down to our local museum today (the location of our club's model RR layout). Met a family from Tuscon who were vacationing here in MT to get away from the heat. It was a cool 90 degrees here today. Caused our track to buckle in several places. Worst spot was inside a tunnel (of course).

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
To Much To High

Well, I can tell you this its been so hot that the pool is like a bath tub in Tn. I'd rather just takea cold shower wish this would let up a bit. Dont mind summer but these dog days have got to go.
Tony:curse:

caellis

Jul 28, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I was born and raised in PA, near Williamsport. The wife and I left PA about 30 years ago. I have lived in 16 locations in the past 30 years and retired in Mesa, AZ. I can afford to live anywhere but I chose AZ. I got so used to the hotter dry climate that I do not visit PA during the summer because I mind the heat more in PA than I do in AZ.
Besides the winter months here are really great too.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
Its A Rainin

Well, just wanted to say it finnaly rained in clarksville Tn today. It was a good old gully washer too. Its about dam time.. Maybe I need to wash my truck and cean the pool more often.balloon6
Tony

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
pennman said:
Maybe I need to wash my truck and cean the pool more often.Tony
Is that all it takes? Durn, I've got two vehicles that need washin'. Guess I better get to it if I want to see any rain! As for the pool... we are one of the unfortunate families that don't have one here. I guess I could hose off the driveway. Think that would work?

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
We caught the edge of a storm today.
It was cloudy and humid all day, then it finally rained (and hailed) for about 20 minutes around 4:00.
We aren't getting much rain hear because I hooked our down spouts to a 200 gallon tank to catch the rain water.wall1 wall1