Busy Day On The Branch

Drew1125

A K&I geep, & an SW9 are having to work around each other as they go about their switching jobs on the Four Sisters Branch.

Attachments

• mvc-006f.jpg
    mvc-006f.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 119

Tyson Rayles

Nice looking scene Charlie, that's quite an industrail complex you got going there! :cool: Whenever I see those crowed, dirty big city scenes it reminds me of why I moved to the Smokies. :D BTW nice boxcar :p .

Bob Collins

Charlie;

I'm curious about the three round objects that are directly behind and between the engines. I assume they represent some sort of fuel tanks, but what are they made from, kits, coffee cans,:D :D

Regardless, it is a great looking scene.

Bob

alkcnw

Bob, The tank are from the interstate fuel depot kit from Walthers. The office building is just behind the boxcar. You can pick out the curved metal roof.:eek:

Drew1125

Thanks for the kind words everyone!
Bob,
Andy's right...the horizontal tanks are from the N scale Walthers kit, & the vertical tanks are from the HO version of the same kit.
The three gray silos directly over the flatcar are little water vials that come on the ends of cut roses that you buy your wife when you're trying to get back in her good graces :D
I trimmed & painted them, & mounted them on legs I salvaged from a coal mine kit.
Tyson,
I agree, that NM boxcar is an eye-catcher! NARA is well-represented in this shot...the yellow boxcar at the far right is from Catt's GVR!

alkcnw

WOW!!!!!! Thats great, I can buy her flowers so she thinks I'm one great guy and get some neat looking hoppers for my trouble. TERRIFIC!:eek: