Burning your bridges?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by billk, Jun 21, 2002.

1. billk

billk Active Member

Here's a link to a Train Board thread with a series of pictures of a coal train parked on a burning trestle. How do you suppose one would model that?

TrainBoard thread
  2. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

How do you suppose one would model that?

...not with plastic hoppers, obviously.:eek:
  3. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

maybe we can get allen curtis to make some for us in medal :D rich
  4. alkcnw

alkcnw Member

After looking at the photo's the first word that came to mind was OOPS!!!!!:eek:
  5. Catt

Catt Guest

What I want to know is why did they leave them on the bridge instead of pulling them off:confused: :confused: :confused:
  6. BDC

BDC Member

Only once. Better be an outdoor layout, too. It doesn't what scale the rolling stock is in, just make sure your fire extinguisher is 1:1.
  7. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

I note "The Colonel" is Sydney based. Dunno who he is though. One trainboard is enough for me to keep up with. This one will do me fine!:D
  8. gromit

gromit New Member

Common sense

Well common sense would be to pull the cars off the bridge, but as the original post started, they were following regulations stopping the train in the first place. I guess pulling train cars off of a burning bridge isn't covered in the regulation manual.
  9. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

OK, who was supposed to bring the hot dogs, and marshmallows?
  10. alkcnw

alkcnw Member

Plus if they pulled the cars off the bridge it wouldn't have been such a great picture!!!!!!!!:eek:
  11. CarlFidy

CarlFidy Member

I think they mentioned something about molten metal from one of the railcar trucks. When they stopped, could the molten truck have fused/welded itself to the rail, making it impossible to pull the cars off....

Just a thought...does that idea make any sense...