Burning motor

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
I have just bought a powered Metroliner, and its haveing problems. the 30 year old motor has makes smoke when ever you turn it on, and the commutator brush spark so much it lights up like a small fire, until you lower the power. I can't tell if its jut greas or soemthing burning off, or if the motor is dying.

it runs fine, and isn't to loud, but its making me nervous.

jim currie

clean the commutator with a drop (very small drop) of Wahl oil. then try again .
if you don't have Wahl oil try a eraser.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
well the motor isn't sparking up liek that now... i ran it real slow from 0 to 100 on my spectrum magnum power pack. if it started acting up i slowed it down. then i repeated it in the other direction. after that the motor ran fine, with normal tiny sparks. the new problem is the gears are locking up, lol.

Tap

if you want another metroliner set, just send me a pm, 2 passenger cars, one powered unit and one dummy.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Its a 30 year old Bachmann metroliner set, loose. sad thing is i just got it running, and then i accidentily broke one of the plasticaxles on the wheelset.

Tap

you want?
IMGP0877.jpg

the two metroliners are the first and last ones

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
oh shoot! the picture before was something that said Intercity on it!

they do have the same components, but i'd only need one new geared axle. i got it running now.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
yeah... i was confused lol. I don't know if i would be able to buy them though. i went broke getting the metroliner loco i have. and my parents would probably wouldn't want me to give our adress out or anything.

also, those seem to be later run metroliners. i have all first run ( there were 4 runs) still, the parts i need should be the same