Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by billk, Jun 16, 2003.

1. billk

billk Active Member

Remember the old Burma-Shave signs, where there were four signs, each with a line out of a silly poem and a final sign that said "Burma-Shave"?

Over the weekend I bought several bars of shaving soap - the kind you put in a mug and use a shaving brush to work up a lather. (Probably not many of us guys left that still use the stuff!) Anyway, the brand of the soap was Burma-Shave and I found it at Drug Town. On the sides of the box were two sets of little Burma-Shave signs, just begging to be cut out!

Pretty good deal for 99 cents a pop, even if you throw the soap away!
  2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Well I use the soap also but haven't seen the Burma Shave brand available around here, will have to keep my eye out. Did the signs look like they would work in N-scale and are they in color?
  3. billk

billk Active Member

Tyson - I don't have one in front of me (at work-duh) so don't take this as exact, but as I recall, they have white lettering, on a reddish-brown background with a kinda gold-colored outline, and they were about .2 X .5", or 32X80" in N scale. Looked very usable in N scale (if they were much smaller you couldn't read the writing.)
  4. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

The ads were a little before my time...but I did watch Hee Haw as a kid and saw some represented there! :)

Attached Files:

5. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

6. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

7. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

wow! Great link Val. Thanks, more stuff there than just Burma-shave slogans....:rolleyes:

D:cool: N
  8. MagicMan_841

MagicMan_841 Member

Life-Like used to make these, I think. I'll look into my old catalogs and see if I can find them:p
  9. MagicMan_841

MagicMan_841 Member

found it! It's from a not-so-old Life-Like catalog (wasn't able to locate any date), considering the Proto 2000 ad at the last page.

Attached Files:

10. Blake

Blake Member

I was on the Walther's site looking for Labelle engineer figures. It lists at the bottom of the Labelle section that they are coming out with several sets of Burma-Shave signs.