Buran & Energia

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by modelincard, Nov 23, 2005.

1. modelincard

modelincard Member

Well, here's a thread for them. If no one knows what I'm talking about, look here:
    Check page 5 also.

P.S.-Does anybody have some turbines? I'll do the turbine-shuttle-thingy if anybody does. (I'll scale them, all I need is someone to come up with a pattern, since I can't design models well.)
  2. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Great to see the Buran thread up and running. Also that Buran Was a Beta version. Feel free too modify and enhance it the way you like. BTW, anyone working on a Kliper?
  3. modelincard

modelincard Member

In that case, I may make a few changes to the cockpit windows. They're the part I like the least (not that I don't like them that much, but they're one of the defining features of the buran that sets it appart from our shuttle).
  4. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Excellent! I've been wanting to fix that
  5. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

For those of you planning to design a Buran and Energia model, I recently located a file I have which gives good three views of each with nice cross sections.

I will email the file to anyone wanting it. Just PM me with an email address that accepts graphics files...around 2 meg in size I believe.
  6. BoskoBuha

BoskoBuha New Member

7. modelincard

modelincard Member

Thanks for the link.[​IMG] There are some excelent pix there. Also...
    I did the fix I mentioned for the cockpit windows. It should be attached to this post.

The file was too large to attach, so here it is:

(It's hosted off my site now.)
  8. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Just now I had an Idea of building the Energia as a flying model rocket
    High Flying Cards style, what do you think?
  9. Michiru-Kaiou

Michiru-Kaiou Member

I am thanking you very much for the Buran shuttle! This is one of my biggest paper-model-dreams come true! And I'd really appreciate an Energija!

best wishes Michiru

EDIT: Well, I have some trouble building the Buran. How should the disc with the engines be placed on the bay adaptor? The disc seems a bit big...
  10. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

The disc forms two cones, just cut on the white lines and roll to fit.

See this Diagram:
  11. Michiru-Kaiou

Michiru-Kaiou Member

Thank you very much! Just finished it. I am so happy to now have a model of the Buran! Thank you!

best wishes Michiru
  12. Ez2cDave

Ez2cDave New Member

Buran, unfortunately, flew only once, unmanned. The similarities to the US Shuttle are amazing, as are the differences between the two flight vehicles.