Buran-Energia build

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by scobie48, Apr 20, 2008.

1. scobie48

scobie48 New Member

here are a couple of the Buran-Energia in the proccess of building sidelined for now got a little flustered with it,, I'll probably get back to it after I finish Ralph Currells N-1.. Sorry not the greatest pictures,,,:wave:

Attached Files:

2. exzealot

exzealot Member

Looks pretty good to me!

I drove throught Piqua via I-75 just last weekend. Do you ever visit the Neil Armstrong museum in Wapakaneta (sp?)? Or the Air Force Museum in Dayton? You are lucky to be so close to them.

3. scobie48

scobie48 New Member

It has been years since I have been to the Neil Armstrong Museum. I try to go to the Air Force museum once or twice a year. I don't have a lot of time to go...
  4. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I've just printed of the Energia, so watching this thread will be helpful.

Looks good so far.
  5. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Wow! That's a very ambitious project. I love Leo's models and look forward to having the time to build the Energia Buran set. Good luck. I hope you take the time to finish it. :)
  6. dhanners

dhanners Member

You're off to a great start! Leo's models are generally very well engineered, and I enjoyed my Energia/Buran build. It builds into a pretty impressive model.

Now if Leo would just do a similarly scaled and detailed U.S. shuttle, ET and RSRMs....
  7. jparenti

jparenti Member

I have the Buran done myself, but I stalled on the Energia. It's in line to be finished soon. I also did his Polyus, and both are very well engineered, as dhanners says. The Buran is actually one of the best shuttles from any nation I've ever assembled. Keep up the good work! Leo's models are the last word when it comes to Russian spacecraft.
    (I wait with bated breath for the eventual release of a Venera model myself... :))
  8. scobie48

scobie48 New Member

more energia shots

One more of the Energia plus one of the N-1.. back to it after I finish the N-1

Attached Files:

9. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Great start so far. :) To me, the Buran-Energia style is like a Sci-Fi version of the US Space Shuttle. It looks futuristic.