Buran assembly question

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Leo Cherkashyn, Nov 3, 2006.

1. David asked me:
    "I'm currently in the process of building your fine Energia-Buran models, and I have a question about the assembly of the Buran -- in particular, I'm wondering about the attachment of the fuselage to the wings. I'm not sure I understand the instructions fully.
    I have built the framework and I'm getting ready to attach the two upper wing skins (pieces W1 left and right). Do the length-wise tabs on the wing skins (the plain white pieces that run parallel to the vehicle centerline) get foled down over part H4, like the tabs at the rear get folded down over the spar on h14, and then the sides of the fuselage (part h1) stay flat and slide down into the wing assembly? ...".

If enybody has such question: you not wanted to fold these length-wise tabs on wing skins. Roll out the sides of the fuselage (part h1) and put on wings as shown on the picture.

Attached Files:

2. dhanners

dhanners Member

Thanks for the info, Leo. I finally figured it out on my own, and posted photos of my build in my gallery.

I'm thinking of building another Buran, though, and have a question about the color of the black tiles. I seem to recall a discussion here or somewhere else about what adjustments can be made to a printer to make the dark tiles appear appropriately dark, as opposed to the color they came out on my model.

Anyone know what to do?
  3. Print color

See Bengt Fredén in "Delta 7 Shuttle" - page 11, He had similar problem.
  4. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Leo, O.T. Question on Vostok?

Will you be publishing the Vostok Model soon? No Pressure, (Just wondering?)?

5. dhanners

dhanners Member

Thanks for the info, SurfDuke. Now if I can just figure out how to change my printer profile to Adobe RGB and correct the colors, I'll be ok. First I need to find out what my "printer profile" is, and then what an "Adobe RGB" is. Good thing I kept those instruction manuals....
  6. dhanners

dhanners Member

Ok, now I'm stumped. I got home, looked over my printer (an HP Deskjet 3840) and looked throught he reference guide, but I have no earthly idea how to change the printer profile to "Adobe RBG," no do I have much clue as to how to change the printer profile. And just what is a "printer profile."

Clueless in St. Paul
    (David Hanners)
  7. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

It`s more or less like this...
    Go to Print
    Go to Properties
    Go to Paper/Quality
    Click on Advanced
    You should find there (hopefully) something that tells you the RGB and other options, just browse down the given options.
    Good luck.
  8. dhanners

dhanners Member

Thanks. I think that'll help. I haven't tried it yet, though; had to drop off my black ink cartridge at Walgreen's last night to get it refilled, and they say it won't be ready until this morning.
  9. Buran assembly instructions

Here are partially changed assembly instructions (of page 20). These would be make for more accurate assembling of rear, hull, cockpit and wings.
    Changes are included now to Buran webpage on www.cardmodels-r.narod.ru.

Attached Files:

10. jparenti

jparenti Member

I have attempted downloading from Leo's site, but the PDF file always refuses to open, saying the file is corrupted. Any ideas?
  11. Dounloading PDF

I have attempted downloading PDF from my site just now with success...

12. jparenti

jparenti Member

I also was able to download the file again, but it is still saying that the file is corrupted. :?
  13. I reload file on site now. But I'm ready to send you this file by mail.
  14. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

I have had no problems when using a download manager...I use LeechGet, and although it takes a bit of time, I get the complete file. I recommend using some type of download manager for sites that have slow downloads to ensure you get the entire file the first time around.

15. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I have tried downloading from several files from the site. It will run for several minutes and then time out on me and quit. When I try opening the file, it says it is corrupted also. A look at the file size tells me I never get the full file. I just can't download from his site for some reason.
  16. Jim!
    You are really have no problems to download files from my slow site?

17. Michiru-Kaiou

Michiru-Kaiou Member

Well, I am not Jim, but I also have no problems when I use my download manager (GetRight), it is slow, but I get the files (downloaded everything) in whole on first try.
    By the way: wonderful models! I love them! Thanks a million times for them!

best wishes Michiru
  18. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Hi, Leo!:)

Really, I don't have any download problems using a download manager...I did, however, without it. It is a very slow download site, and my normal download application would time out before the files were done. The download manager re-establishes the link after it times out, and seems to verify that the entire file is downloaded before completion. It still does take quite a long time, even using the download manager, to get the files, sometimes as long as a half hour...and I have a high speed cable service, so I can only imagine the agony of those using dial up.

I think it's wonderful that Jon Leslie has posted some of your models on his site, which makes it easier for most to download. I might suggest he be permitted, if he is able, to include all of your models as they become available to avoid the slow download rate, but that is entirely up to you and Jon. These are superbly designed models covering subjects rarely available elsewhere and I thank you very much for making them available to the rest of us.