bumpers?

garyn

What are you guys using for yard and spur bumpers? The Atlas bumpers don't look anything like the bumpers I see on the SP trackage. I made a bumper that kinda looks like an SP bumper out of styrene, but it was a bear to make, and I need a dozen +

tnx...Gary

Tyson Rayles

Welcome to the Gauge! I use cross ties as that was a common practice here, but then so was no bumbers at all as well as a pile of ballast or peices of rail.

jon-monon

You'll like this Ty, we have a spur off the NS yards running by our house. Used to be the mainline they moved during the massive Lafayette Railroad Relocation project. Part of the goal seems to be to hide this spur. The bumper is a huge mount of dirt, like ten or 20 tons, and they planted flowers on it! NS has gone flower power!!!

shaygetz

I use Cal-scale castings myself but, back in the daze when I wasn't as properous, I used railroad ties shoved under the ends of the rail in an X pattern, just like the local shortline did.

Gary: I've taken those Atlas bumpers you spoke of and cut them off from the rails with a razor saw and then trimmed all the un-prototypical plastic around them. That leaves just the bumper section. Then with paint and weathering they don't look too bad! Then they can be glued to the ends of your spur tracks and filled in with ballast.
Sorry I don't have a picture to show you but there may be other members here who have done the same thing.

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

gerry m

Bumpers

I'm using the NS1 Wheel Stop from Miniatures by Eric, R.R.#1, Busby, Alberta, Canada, T0G 0H0.

I've just temporarily pushed a couple on the rails in this picture to show the detail. They are metal castings...

Attachments

• bumpers1.jpg
    bumpers1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 125

MagicMan_841

LOL

7$ USD shipping for orders under 100$

like I'm gonna pay 7$ for 5$ of detail parts that weight a 1/10th of an ounce and that could be shipped for a dollar or two.

Like I'm THAT stupid