Bumper (HAH!) WAC

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Cut 'n' Paste, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

HI all

Oh, you gotta laugh!

After the big Ariane V I thought I'd have a go at something smaller, so I made up Niels' Bumper WAC.

Is he having a laugh, or what?

Superb model (not my build - the design) but waaaaay tiny at 1/96th scale. I've never put such minute parts on anything before.

Interesting that Niels incorporates internal strengthening bulkheads etc on such a small model, while designers of much bigger ones that really need such strengthening don't include them.

Anyway, thanks for the great model, Neils. Now all I need are:
    1 New spectacles
    2 A large Scotch
    3 A lie down in a dark room

Bye for now.

Attached Files:

2. Niels

Niels Member

Bumper Wac

Thanks for your kind words about my design and thanks for sharing the photos. You did a good job on the model.

The reason, that I design the models in 1:96 is, that I started to build Tim Johnsons PPSM models of atlas and redstone. I have always been fond of the viking rockets and V-2 - so I decided to design some myself. I simply design models, that I want to build myself. I have big fingers, - so if I can build them - anyone can with a little patience. :)

I hoping to publish some more v-2 versions later.
  3. mdauben

mdauben New Member

Oooh! Exquisite little model. Looks like another one I have to add to my "to do" list. ;)
  4. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Another great job. You've been very busy. :)
  5. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

I'd like to try scaling this model up three times (if it doesn't suffer) to go alongside the 1:32nd V2 of Ralph Currell's design. (Having looked closely at that, I'd rather not go the other way!) It was tricky, but all the parts were so accurate, it went together very well. Thanks again, Niels. Look forward to seeing whatever you have for us next.