BumbleBee. Well, you can't have one without the other!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Looks great buddy! Really great, thanks very much for doing this. :)
  2. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

I see, that's great news!!! :-D

BTW, what site will you choose to host the model when it's finally ready for the showroom - err... download? :twisted: bounce7
  3. Master-Bruce

Well, I was thinking that Claudios site would be great seeing as the B'Bee model of his will be there. :) Or here of course, or just both!

I haven't asked Claudio about that though so I don't know.
  4. Master-Bruce

Ok guys. Back to the 70's Camaro! :)

I've broken down the mesh into the parts just like the 2008/09 Camaro was. I've modelled the new front wheel and just need to do the rear.

Aside from that rear wheel, we're ready to start texturing! I'll get on that probably tonight. Really looking forward to it. :D

Also, I've chosen the next Autobot I plan to do in vehicle form. The H2 Hummer rescue vehicle. Also known as Ratchet. :)
    "*sniff sniff* Mmm, the boys pheremone levels suggest he wants to mate with the female." I love that line. :D He may not be the biggest player in the movie, infact that line I just quoted was his main part in the whole movie aside from getting zapped by an electrical wire! LOL Anyway, I thought that visually he'll look good. He's colourful, large, covered in vinyl and he's a Hummer!!! Not just that but his tools on his roof rack would make a nicely detailed model too I thought.

I have a great H2 mesh but it isn't a Ratchet mesh. So, I'll have to remodel the whole rear end to add the custom built rear to make a Ratchet. That's going to be fun I think as I don't think a mesh of Ratchet exists anywhere except for maybe the movie model.

Anyway, that's further down the road. :) Here's some pics of how the Camaro (or the Beater Bee as I've learned it was referred to by the film crew) looks now.

More updates as I get them, thanks guys. :)
  5. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Phenomenal work!
    That's all I can say!
    Design and builds. Can't wait for the final product! :)
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

That Camaro looks really sharp Skip, is it going to be 1/12th as well?

Gotta love the Hummer, looking forward to that as well.:mrgreen:
  7. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Yikes... First the Camaro, now the Hummer Ambulance? Oh my... bounce7
  8. Master-Bruce

Thanks guys. :)

I'd like to keep them all in scale with one another so yeah, 1/12! I know that makes large models and they're not for everyone but you can rescale easily enough. As I mentioned before, printing 2 pages to one sheet gives a smaller 1/24 near enough.

Here's a pic of the H2 mesh as is ATM. There's a lot of work needed to make this Ratchet but again I'm looking forward to it. Every now and then I load it up to get something done on it. Right now it needs simplifying by squaring off some curves and by reducing the faces by changing the triangles into square faces where-ever I can. That rear end will be totally removed to make way for the new ass I'll create for it. I already now this one will be difficult to build. All those bull bars and racks I want to try and keep round! Though that's where the 1/12 will be handy. LOL

Thanks again guys for the interest and encouragement. :)
  9. Master-Bruce

LOL! I just think he looks cool. Plus he has Autobot logos on him. Bumblee(2009) doesn't at all, the '77 Camaro only has one on the steering wheel. Nothing on Jazz that I know of, IronHide has one embossed on the tail gate while Prime has one tiny hood badge. But Ratchet has 3!!!! Oh Boy, a REAL Autobot! LOL
  10. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

I picked up the Bee Otch air freshener for my car last summer. I still get shout-outs from other drivers! Pretty funny.
  11. Master-Bruce

JUST THE MAN!!! Any chance of a hi res pic of it? Every pic I find is either a screen grab or low res photo. It'd save me doing one from scratch?

Pleeeaaase? :D
  12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Very cool on the Hummer and everything else. Any chance you might make the Hummer as is? That same vehical was used in the Resident Evil movie as well as many others, with variations of course.:mrgreen:
  13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

BTW, 1/12th is just fine with me.:mrgreen::thumb:
  14. Master-Bruce

Thanks buddy, though I won't be doing a regular H2. I like 'em but I wanted to focus on movie featured vehicles that I like. Ratchet is one thing but another Hummer isn't on the cards for me. I have more on my list I'd like to do before I have no free time again.

That Hummer mesh is extracted from the Need for Speed game. Underground 2 I think.
  15. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Oh well. I'm sure it's going to rock either way.:thumb:
  16. Master-Bruce

The fun begins!!!!!

Hey guys,

Just started the textures! :D

So far, the screen captures and pics I got are doing a great job for adding the weathering to the car. Some of it needs darkening or whatever to work but so far so good. ;)

I may not carry on with this tonight, feeling a tad tired but now I've started I'll be looking forward to resuming this tomorrow. We'll see. :)

17. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Nice touch! What program are you using to make this, is this Pep?:thumb:
  18. Master-Bruce

Thanks buddy. I'm using Meta to model and apply textures. PaintShopPro8 to create the textures and then Pep to unfold. ;)
  19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Cool beans. Man, I've got to take time to sit down and learn this stuff!
  20. Master-Bruce

It's worth it! Take a little time to get the hang of but I enjoy the texturing now I'm getting the hang of the software. Before I used to dread that part. :)