BumbleBee. Well, you can't have one without the other!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

:D LOL!

Thanks buddy. I now have all the numbering done, I'm just about eady to export to PDF to start a build.
  3. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

your'e looking more of a pro car designer than a mere scale modeler man... :bounce7:
  4. Master-Bruce

WOW! Thanks. :)

Some of the textures didn't come across well after going through Pep. It's not really bad but I'd prefer to clean it up in PS Pro. It won't take long, just that some lines to represent seams in the body.

Hopefully I have enough ink left to at least start a build soon. ;)
  5. Master-Bruce

Now, it's all done!!! I'm sure I don't have enough ink to print it all today but I'll print what shhets I need to get it started. OR, I may wait until I go to town next and get some glossy paper for it. I can't decide yet.
  6. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

excellent news Skip!!
  7. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

A great job you did!!!

I'll build it as soon as I finish the robot.
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

That's quick work there Skip!! Top notch job!
  9. Master-Bruce

Thanks guys!!! Hey I'm looking forward to seeing your build Claudio. :D

Lex, you're not alone! LOL! At the start of the thread I was worried about having this ready for the end of the competition! It's only been a week? Sonce I started? I can't believe it. Though I do need to build it now. That's where I fall. I take a long time to build. LOL
  10. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

If you need help with any building, let me know!
  11. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Wonderful job Skip.

Are you going to release this as a PDF or PDO file. I prefer to work with a PDO(pepakura file), because I like to have the 3d view on screen while building. Either type of file would be good though.

Again, another great job from skip.
  12. Master-Bruce

Thanks Paul. :)

I've been giving some thought on the release of this. As I mentioned earlier, I haven't got enough supplies to start a build and I'm not likely to for a week or so. I live away from town so don't go there too often.

So I've been contemplating releasing this to a FEW friends here. I've already sent a copy to Claudio as way of a thank you both for his encouragement AND for his BumbleBee robot model which he's releasing in stages as they become ready. Anyway, what I'm hoping for is a friend here who is in a position to build this and photo document EVERYTHING so I can have photo instructions.

I know it's a big ask but I'm hopeful none the less. :) If I could this time I truly would. I myself can't wait to build this! But as it is I'm left with this request.

I'll let it go to 3 members here whom I know to be regular posters here. Regular builders who post often AND finish their builds. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but I know I myself may be tempted to offer to beta build a model just to get it before anyone else so I need to be sure that I'll have the photos for the instructions out of this early beta relase.

Paul, you've built two of my models that were in the beta stage and did outstanding jobs so I offer it to you without question. :) Claudio said he'd build it too but after his BumbleBee model is complete.

That leaves two more. So if you think you fit the bill and can see this through for me then get in touch via PM.

Again, I'm sorry if I come across as harsh or even big headed in some way. I just want the final release to be complete and ready. :)
  13. dwesrist

dwesrist Guest

I've been lurking this thread for a while, soaking up everything I can about design and the thought process that goes into it. While I don't have the same skills (nor the time to learn design) I do appreciate knowing how it works and it makes me much more thankful to people like you, skip, that put effort into creating these models.

Restricting beta builders doesn't sound harsh at all. I'm new to the board and, while I feel I proved I can finish a build by completing the Terry Pratchett Unseen University model, I haven't proven that here on the boards yet. Also, I know enough to realize I have a ton to learn about card modeling, and am nowhere near beta builder level yet (though I hope to hone my skills to get there).

So I'll just wait for you to officially release this so I can build my favorite Transformer (next to OP, of course) in both mechanical and car forms.

I just wanted to chime in with the comments that this looks stunning and I can't wait to get to build it.

Thanks for all your hard work,
  14. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Thanks Skip, I'll give it a go. Do you still have my email address.

I was looking around for something else to build. I am going to take a few weeks off building the shuttle payloads, as the build thread don't seem to be getting much interest. Although I am still planning on building all payloads 'Mr AXM' releases. So this has come at the right time.
  15. Master-Bruce

Hey Wes, thanks for the comments buddy. Also, thanks for your opinions.

I usually release models with no beta build at all. But normally most of my models were in my comfort zone so I was always confident in their buildability. This time I'm using new techniques and new software. While I'm confident in the model,I'm not comfortable enough to just through it out there.

Paul,I still have your email addy. I'll get it over to you. You prefer a PDO? I'll send that along with the refined PDF. The graphics are improved in the PDF so just use the PDO for reference. I'm always on hand to help out too. ;)

Are you sure you're OK with all the photos?
  16. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Yep I'll do photo's. Do you want a build thread or progress pics sent to you until you decide to general release the model.
  17. Master-Bruce

You can do a thread if you like? It's your call. If you wanted to you could even enter it into the comp. :) It will be a free model just as soon as this build is done and we have instructions. So it'll qualify.

Though not unless you want to. :)

I'd just appreciate the instruction pics to my email so I can compile then as they come in. :)

Thanks buddy!
  18. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I've just had a look at both the PDO and the PDF, and oh my god. This is going to be wonderful. Skip is done really well with this project.

I will start a build thread, but I don't think I will enter the comp. I like watching the comps (amazing builds), but with what I've seen so far I can't compete with them.
  19. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

any slots left? my build plate is clean at the moment.
  20. Master-Bruce

Absolutely!! I'd be happy to have you onboard buddy! Just remember that this is a 1/12 model so it's not small. 39.5 cm long in fact! It's up to you whether you want to scale it down by printing 2 pages to one sheet. That is you're style right? Smaller models? ;)

The files are already on their way. ;)

Glad you like it so far Paul, it's a good sign eh? LOL! I'm looking forward to seeing them both come together.

Also, I won't be sitting back twiddling my thumbs while these guys build this for me. I've already started work on the 70's Camaro BumbleBee!!!! :D Nothing to show yet as it's just mesh clean up but I will have soon! I'm looking forward to this on more than the new Camaro I think. The weathering and rust should make a nice model! Hopefully. LOL!