BumbleBee. Well, you can't have one without the other!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Thanks very kind of you, thanks. :) I have some things to sort out around the house today and then I'll be back on this. I'm hoping I can get unfolding by the end of the week and start a build!!

Looking forward to that. :D
  2. Master-Bruce

Got the dash done! It's not spot on because finding a clear unobstructed pic of the stereo is near impossible unless it's a low res image. :( So I improvised and used a concept sketch of it which is pretty close.

Got the speed dials and steering wheel done now too so I'm pretty sure I'm nearing the end. :D

I put it into Pepakura to see how it looked and got a screen grab. ;)

3. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

wow man skip its awsome i cant belive how fast you pick up meta a very fine job there buddy. keep it up....
  4. dansls1

dansls1 Member

5. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Looks good skip. I watched the film last night, amazing special effects.

I think this has been asked before, but I can't find the answer. Are you going to be doing both versions of the car? rusty and new.
  6. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Skip, take a look at roda.jpg
  7. Master-Bruce

Thanks Rob. Yeah, I can't see me ever going back to Truespace now! :) I love how in Meta you can textur something face by face if you choose to. That's something Truespace doesn't do. At least I don't think you can.

Dansls1, thanks for the input buddy. Though I'm happy to say that this is the Camaro interior. I've been going through my reference to double check. In that pic you linked us to you can even see the Mustang Saleen logo on the steering wheel.

This is the Camaro interior. ;)

BumbleBee is little different though. His trim is more orange than yellow.

Paul, I mentioned it a while back in this thread but yeah. I do plan to do the 70's Camaro too. I have the mesh and I've gathered the screen captures from the special edition DVD. I'll start that one after this one. ;) Unless something else distracts me which happens often! :(

Here's another interior update. Thanks for commenting guys. :)

8. Master-Bruce

Thanks Claudio! I missed the ture tread when I saw it before. It's very dark. :)
  9. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Saleen did the conversion of the GTO to the Camaro. Both the pic's that are currently linked in my post are indeed the Camaro interior (I did have the wrong one up at first but fixed it).
  10. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Lookin great Skip. So are we gonna see Barricade to :D Can't have BB without Barricade :p

11. Master-Bruce

Yeah, I noticd afterwards that your first pic link was to the interior of Barricade.

Those new links are the Camaro. I've been to those sites before to gather reference pics. So what makes you think my model interior is a Mustang? Is there something you see that needs changing? I think it's a pretty good likeness, not perfect by a long shot but pretty good??

Hey Getter. Thanks buddy. ;) I've emailed people who I know and some who may have the Barricade mesh extracted from the game. They aren't replying to me. Pity because there was a time when those meshes were on offer for designers to work on to create papermodels. :( That's how I got the two Camaro meshes I have for these. This Camaro mesh I'm using now originated from the game, so is the 70's Camaro I'll be hoping to do next.

So unless someone replies or if anyone here has those meshes and are willing to share, Barricade may not get done. Unless I want to do it that bad that I model it from scratch. Though I'm not planning that just yet.

Interior is all textured now. I think I'm a few hours from going over to Pep. :)
  12. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Mis-identified pictures. A forum I was on was saying those were the Bumblebee Camaro interior - I figured it out checking through a few more links.
  13. Master-Bruce

Gotcha. Phew! :)

Well,I have good news all round I think. I'm ready to unfold the Camaro! Just about got it all ready now so we'll have updates tonight on it! I have to say, I'm really pleased with it. Just hope it all comes across as well in a papermodel as it does on screen. :)

Also, for those who've asked bout the 70's Camaro and Baricade. I'll be doing both! DISCLAIMER: I do have a tendancy to get sidetracked or distracted by other model ideas so don't hold me to this. :D LOL! Though as it stands I'd certainly like to get these done. :)

I have the 70's Camaro mesh and reference already so that one was never a problem. I was looking at Barricade reference lastnight and came across a Barricade 3D mesh. The mesh was on sale for $80! So no way was I going to pay that, couldn't afford it right now anyway. It was fairly nice but what they'd done was to use a Shelby Mustang instead of the Saleen S281 that actually portrayed Barricade. The likeness was still very close as both cars are very similar. I remembered that I have some Need for Speed extracted meshes here and that Mustang is one of them!! So, the idea is to use that mesh with the closest fitting body kit and make the changes to get Barricade on the go! The detail level of the mesh is the same as the Concept Camaro I'm working on now so the models should be of the same detail.

Anyway that's further down the road and I have to get B'Bee done first. Just thought I'd mention it. ;)
  14. Trekcreations

Trekcreations EnterpriseCreations

Skip this looks awesome :)
  15. Master-Bruce

Hey guys,

I'm unfolding it now, actually I'm about 60% done with the unfolding. ;) Something good came out of the forum being down yesterday. LOL! No distractions. It's all going well so far. Areas that may prove tricky to do are the little rear spoiler and the trim around the windows. Tricky but buildable. ;)

Here's a pic of the progress:

More updates as I have them. :D
  16. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Looking very cool, Skup. This will prove to be a very fun build. I await with much excitement!!! I've always wanted to build this, in fact, I plan on purchasing this car in 09 (sorry BMW, you will be playing 2nd fiddle)!!!
  17. Master-Bruce

Thanks buddy. I'm looking forward to building it too. :)

The 1/12 model will be around 25 pages of parts. I'm very nearly done now. Just cleaning up and erasing uneeded fold lines.

You're getting one?! Lucky guy! I'd love one but I don't even drive! LOL At 29 yrs old you'd have thought I'd have gotten around to it by now. LOL
  18. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

I plan on purchasing one next year if all things go as expected. Well if u functioning fine without a car, the better off you are (and more environmental). We're in the center of the US (almost exactly), so most places are a distance to drive. Can't wait for the download.
  19. Master-Bruce

Unfolding all done!!!

WooHoo! Got it all unfolded!

26 pages of parts including 1 page of clear parts to be printed out onto a clear sheet.

I mentioned a few areas that may prove tricky. Add the wing mirrors to that list! To look at the parts for them they don't look as if they make sense so I think photo build instructions may be the order of the day for this model. ;)

Now I have parts to number. :( LOL!
  20. voltron5

voltron5 Member

Wow! That looks absolutely amazing, I eagerly await this model.:thumb: