BumbleBee. Well, you can't have one without the other!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Apr 30, 2008.

1. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Great modeling so far skip! Can't wait to get my hands on both versions of BB! You guys keep raising the bar! Bee-otch'n good work!! :D
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Thanks guys! :)

A winner? That's something I hope I can deliver on. LOL

Claudio, yeah that's kind of a tribute/joke! LOL Iam afterall aiming to achieve a "Dias" standard to this one. ;) Well I was watching you crack on with the robot mode and felt bad that I couldn't contribute more than just reference material. Fortunately these tutorials have sprung up and I now feel like I can do more than just mention ideas to you and then leave you to do them. LOL!

As for entry, I'd like to now you mention it. Though when's the deadline for entries? End of June or July? Even if I don't make it it'll have been fun! :)

Yeah, defenitely it's still a partnership! You're still helping me with advice and stuff. Just hope I finish in line with you. :)

Thanks Thunderchild! All these compliments are making my day!
  3. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

Claudio and skip,

Would you consider working together after doing your projects on working to make Optimus Prime from the movie?

That would be such a great addition to the collection.

Please let me know what you think about this idea.

Thank you for your time.

Great models guys!! keep up the fantastic work!!!
  4. Master-Bruce

Ya know? You're not the first to mention that. :) In another thread a while back we were discussing a model Claudio and I were thinking about doing. I think it was a Batmobile? Anyway, we mentioned the BumbleBee idea too and someone popped up and asked about it.

It wasn't totally ruled out but I'm sure Claudio pointed out just how more complex Prime is compared to B'Bee.

I agree that Prime would be a kick-ass model! Especially stood next to B'Bee in scale with one another(can you imagine that?! AWESOME!), plus he is the leader of the Autobots! Though I'm really not sure.

The problem with doing another Transformer especially in 'bot mode is reference material. BumbleBee featured more than any other character so you see him alot. Getting screen grabs and pics off the net is no big problem. Prime on the other hand isn't seen as often and when he is, it's normally dark or too fast paced to really get any good screen grabs of him.

Claudio and I have mentioned other collaberations together, plus no doubt Claudio has his own ideas on what he'd like to do himself.

So I guess all I can say is, "Wait and see". :) I'd be up for giving it a go. :)
  5. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

Here a pics of prime, would this help?

6. Master-Bruce

LOL. You really want one of these then huh? :) I've seen that pic on the net before, though it looks fantastic it's too low res for us to make out any detail.

I'd love to see a big paper Prime out there but we'll just have to see. I'm not confident enough to try it by myself at the moment but who knows what may happen later? ;)

I've already mentioned doing the vehicle modes of the others so the rig is more than do-able.
  7. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

Thanks for the response skip.

Keep up the great work.
  8. Master-Bruce

You've changed the pics you posted? LOL

You've gone and done it now! I'm only googling Prime again! I'll spend an hour later getting what screen captures I can get off the DVD. I have the special edition so we'll see what I get.

I still don't know what may come of this but I'll do a bit of digging. ;) Though B'Bee is the priority for me first. Cool?
  9. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

That cool.

B'Bee is top priority.

Thanks again

10. bugman72

bugman72 Member

What's the chances of you and Claudio getting together and making the final scale for each model the same? Ideally, I would like to be able to have everything look similar for both models...tires and wheels for example. That way, there's a cohesive look to the subject.

If you guys can make them the same scale, then I can decide which wheels and tires I like the best and use them :)
  11. Master-Bruce

I hear ya. Well I wanted the same thing too. ;)

The models will both be 1/12 scale. So that's covered but there can still be minor differences in parts size(things like wheel diameter) because they were both modelled by a different person.

I've colour matched the shade of yellow on my model to Claudios so that's covered. Claudio did share his texture files with me yesterday so things like the license plate will match now and I'm thinking about using Claudios texture for the wheels as his texture is a little cleaner than mine. My wheel texture was taken from a photograph but doesn't look quite right to me. I'm not sure about Claudios tire texture. I don't think it was in with the files he shared yesterday.

Other than that, all my textures are my own. At least they will be because most of the detail in my model is in the interior whereas in Claudios model it's in all of the workings and joints.

Hope that covers it for ya. ;)
  12. bugman72

bugman72 Member

Does this mean that we might get to see some opening doors? :) That would be above and beyond what I would expect, but I had to ask.

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling that you and Claudio were on the same page and were going to try as much as possible to keep the two models similar with regards to texture. A scale of 1/12 should make for a nice sized model, both of the car and the robot.
  13. Master-Bruce

Opening doors would be a cool feature but I'm not going that far. Sorry

This is the first time I'm doing a car. I've wanted to for a long time but just didn't feel confident enough to try. I do now but I don't want to over complicate it.

I think we are on the same page. I've been talking with Claudio alot over the past few months as we've worked together on a few models already so to try and keep these two inline with one another was just a logical thing to do.
  14. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

hey skip just noticed this thrread its looking fantastic its great to see your doing great work in meta. now ill have two more models to buld damn you all too many models so lil time lol i love em more models yippeeee
  15. Master-Bruce

Thanks Rob. Yeah I'm getting the hang of it now. :) Though I had to simplify areas of the mesh which then screwed up the textures UV Co-ords. So now I need to texture it again. Still, I've got rid of all the small unecessary faces now. :)
  16. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Hmmm... Maybe I'll build these two for a place in FineScale Modeler's Reader Gallery, along with an article I plan to write for sir Alfonso's ISS... :twisted:
  17. Master-Bruce

Well, I've finally got the body retextured! Plus I've added some new ones too.

The external detail is all but done now leaving the interior! :( I'm looking forward to it but dreading it at the same time. It's far more comples than the exterior so I'm just wondering where to start.

Hope it's looking Ok to you guys. :)

Oh,I spent some time gathering reference for Prime lastnight. Just incase. :) I think it could be do-able both as bot and rig but I'm not sure as to whether it will get done or not, he his very complex. Anyway, while I was at it I got all the screen grabs I need for another possible future model. The 70's Camaro that BumbleBee looked like before he upgraded. I have a mesh for that car too so I thought it made sense. I got all the screen grabs that focused on the rust and bondo patches on the body so if/when I get to it the textures will be as close to the movie that I can get using those screen captures. ;) That one would also be in 1/12, why not. ;)

I have the Mother-in-law bak here today so probably won't get much done, at least until tonight. :)
  18. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Lookin' good Skup. Another fine model in the works. I just picked up my LED's for Claudio's head, so away I go!
  19. Master-Bruce

Thanks very much! :) I'm looking forward to building Claudios B'Bee. Though I'm waiting 'til it's all complete. If I build a head now and then waited for the rest, my kids would probably get hold of it and go all Decepticon on it! LOL

Started the interior! Slow going but getting there. I'm using as many photos/concept pics as I can for textures. The problem there is perspective, lighting and anything else needs to be corrected to fit or match the areas that are done by me from scratch. So far though I don't think it looks too bad. I'll be redoing the interior door panel though, a little too pixelated so I need to make that smoother.

The Center coloumn's not looking too bad I think, dashboard coming up next. Here's a little render of how it's shaping up.

20. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

yipe... this is becoming more of a show-stopper than a model... :-D