BumbleBee. Well, you can't have one without the other!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Nothing's finished his build!!! :D

Great news!! Nothing has sent me the last batch of build pics! :twisted:

He's done a super job on building it and I'm pleased to report that there were no fault with the model that we weren't able to remedy. :D There are some tricky areas so this model isn't for the beginner but with some time and patience it is defenitely buildable. The trickiest part is probably joining the interior to the exterior body shell. Be warned! sign1 :thumb:

I'm just going back now to make the final instructions ready and I'll start to upload. ;)

Here's some shots of the final build:

bb 004.jpg

bb 006.jpg

Nothing built this model at half the intended scale so this model is around 20cm long? Thereabout anyway.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Especially with it being my first car model. Hope you guys enjoy it! ;)

As for the Beater Bee, I was texturing the interior yesterday so I'll be finishing that today with a bit of luck. So I'm moving forward with that too. :D
  2. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

wow skip these models are looking total awsome and you have really masterd meta well done buddy.....
  3. Master-Bruce

Thanks Rob! :D My Eternal mesh was my practice run that helped me to do these Camaros. That was modelled from scratch but these cars weren't. Though I did have to edit them and simplify them quite a bit. But most of the work is in texturing I think.

I want to do another car next but I'm having a real hard time deciding. I'll finish the Beater Bee first anyway.
  4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

That is totally awesome!!!!!!!
  5. Master-Bruce

Thanks Lex! Big credit for nothing to for doing a great job on it! I'm looking forward to seeing Pauls build too seeing as he's building his at the full intended scale. :D

Thanks again for the compliments guys. I'm sure nothing's proud and grateful for the compliments too! He should be anyway. LOL!
  6. Werner Smuts

Werner Smuts Member

This is all i want to say!
    :eek: announce1 EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mastah you teach me do this?!
  7. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

8. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

You've created an awesome model! It was your first car, but it looks like you were very comfortable modeling it. I think I must change my 'User Title' to 'Skip wannabe!'

And Nothing, you did an excellent job, as always!

Congratulations, friends!
  9. Master-Bruce

sign1 Thank you Claudio! I'm flattered. :D You'll make me blush next. LOL. Thanks to the rest of you too, it's an honor to be able to design and to get praise like this. :D

I was comfortable with it, there were a few areas where I was dreading on both models. It was the interior on the 2009 Camaro, and the weathering on the Beater Bee. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they turned out, and headache free. Goes to show it pays to learn a bit about your software. ;)

I've just finished the rear passanger seat and now onto the central column and dash!

The end of the design is in sight now. :)
  10. Trakk

Trakk Member

First of all, congrats on a magnificent carmodel!
    Second: as a big thanks let me help to prevent you from getting a headache and decide what your next carmodel should be :mrgreen: =>

The new Lamborghini Gallardo LP560/4 :twisted:
  11. Master-Bruce

LOL! Thanks buddy, glad you like it.

Though Lambo's aren't my kind of car. They're nice but just not my type, just like blondes! LOL! :D

I have a thread about movie cars here somewhere where we're discussing the many different cars and bikes from TV shows and movies. Deciding which of those is difficult.
  12. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

Fantastic work as ever Skip!!

I am really looking forward to make this, Absolutely Amazing!!
  13. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Holy Crap, that's gorgeous. Nice!
  14. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Finished off rather nice, ain't it. Well done nothing, and an even bigger well done to skip for designing the car.

I've nearly finished the front end, i.e. the bumber, hood (bonnet) and wings. I'm off to get a camera in about 10 minutes, so I'll update my build thread later on.
  15. Master-Bruce

Thanks Paul.

Looking forward to watching the rest of your build now buddy! ;)
  16. motokid

motokid New Member

Great job guys!!
    Skip, awesome design! i cant wait to build it for myself! i knew that as soon as i saw the movie, i wanted to build this car...

Nothing, great build! i hope that mine will look as good as yours does!!

keep up the excellent work!!

17. Master-Bruce

Thanks very much.

I started to texture the dash but it didn't look right. I may need to remodel parts of it. Not a big job though. ;)
  18. Patty

Patty King of Swaziland

The new Lamborghini Reventon would be REALLY cool to have. Just who would design it??? :twisted:
  19. Master-Bruce

Nah, I already said that Lambos aren't my type. ;) Besides I have a seperate thread for talk about other cars

Besides I preferred to do vehicles that appear in a movie or TV show.

I had a break through lastnight with more Transformer meshes from the movie so I'll be doing one of them. May as well stick with the Transformers theme. :D

Lastnight I recieved Starscream(the F-22 Raptor) and Blackout(the Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low helicopter), I'm hoping to get Barricade(Saleen Mustang S281) by the time I finish the Beater Bee. If I do then I'll do him next.

More good news! My broadband has been restored so I'll be uploading the 2009 Camaro at some point today! I'll also ask Claudio about hosting it there. ;)
  20. Master-Bruce

The model is now FULLY complete! :D Hopefully it won't be too long before I hear from Claudio to decide about hosting it.

The model has 27 pages, the instructions are made up of numerous PDFs that are split into areas of the car to try and make the build as easy as possible. Photos for the instrucions are curtesy of Nothing. It was testbuild by nothing and Paulhbell, thanks guys!!!

I'll post an update when the model has been uploaded to either here or Claudios site.

Thanks to everyone who posted their comments and compliments here! It makes it all worthwhile. This design has been probably the most enjoyable I've ever done. So far. ;)

Also, I've thanked you all at the beginning of this thread, but hell with it. Thanks to everyone who's helped me along the way on my quest to understand Meta! and modelling in general. It's nice to know a new application and to be able to offer better models as a result. :D