Bulb Discharger trouble.

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by SpArKeY_STi, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I needed a discharger that had more pull then .05 amps... so i built a bulb discharger. I used Kmart Nightlight 2amp draw light bulbs. I used a deans pigtail for the wireing, just changed the plug from female to male. I know its not my bulbs because if i hook it up to my charger (BC112C) and charge at 5 amps it will glow for a bit then turn off becaues of the way it charges. But when i hook it to my battery, it doesnt do anything. So i hooked it up to a car (FYI, i orignally thought this pack was dead... as in... GONE... shorted like a mug) and was i in for a surprise. It was the first time i got the car to work... and it was turn up full speed. So i know its not the battery. Are the bulbs im useing having to much draw and the battery just cant push that much to discharge or what? If you need pics just as refrance, lemme know.
  2. Howielong

Howielong Guest

3. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

That doesnt help my problem tho. That just tells me how to build one...
  4. Howielong

Howielong Guest

You could of made one wrong. Try and make it like that one.
  5. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I dont have money, and i tried, but its hard to solder copper... but i dont een think its conductive and i couldnt find brass.

But as i said, i know its not build wrong because when i hook it up to my charger, it lights.

Heres a pic of it...

EDIT: My tard mom has the freaking camera... for what i dont know... but i'll probly never get it back...
  6. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Heres basicly what it looks like

[​IMG]

Each bulb is 2 amp draw lights... i lost the box so i dont know anything else. And the battery is a Shark 1500 pack.
  7. Keddy

Keddy Guest

they wont were because they are 120v bulbs.....you need 12v automotive bulbs...like from tail lights....
  8. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

...damn. But why is it working on my charger?

And... are their automotive lights that look in that shape to where i can just unsolder those and replace them? Cause i spend a good $10 on it... and thats all i own. So ill just have to scrape money from my mom for new bulbs, but want to use the same set up.
  9. RC-Drift.com

RC-Drift.com Guest

Sparkey dude, copper is the easiest metal to solder, brass is copper+tin and harder to solder

Your soldering iron will have a copper bit, I hope it's not one of those instant 100W things that are about as much use as a chocolate poker

You need an iron with a large bit (Ø10mm) to hold heat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.