Building : UHU02's EVA Pod

chakotay

Apr 5, 2013
Germany
e34j.jpg

Maverick65

Jul 13, 2012
Newark, Ohio
Looks really great so far. I haven't worked up the nerve to try any of uhu's modelds yet, don't want to do any of them a dis-service, since they are works of art. Maybe after some more practice with smaller parts. I've always liked this one and the discovery, so will be watching these pod builds. Keep up the good job and thanks for sharing.

chakotay

Apr 5, 2013
Germany
Thanks alot :)

Here is the next picture and I am not happy with my result of this part.
It was hard to build with 80g paper and looks ugly.

e37w.jpg

Rogerio Silva

Nov 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro - BRAZIL !!!
Chakotay

If you don't have any 140, 150 or 160 gsm paper, perhaps you could "make" some, glueing two sheets together, and letting them dry with some plan weight on, like a thick book.
Anyway, the best/harshest critic you'll ever have is yourself. If you're not happy, then that's it... but I think that, for an 80 gsm, it's good enough!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Very good tip from Rogerio (the man is brilliant, isn't he? :thumb:). Use glue sparingly and take special care when it is water-based. On curved surfaces do not use the flaps. Glue the parts together with paper strips which are attached on the back. The result will look much better. I use 160 g paper for all my builds, primarily because it is always available at my local retailer. Secondly, it is much cheaper than higher grams paper (at least at my place) and it is flexible enough to build small pieces and sufficient enough for larger pieces, too. If it is too weak I laminate a second layer to the back of the part. When I glue large areas together or when I laminate anything I do not use water-based glue.

chakotay

Apr 5, 2013
Germany
Thank you very much Rogerio and Revell Fan for the very good tips. I think, I will repeat this step with laminated sheets and those back-stripes. :)

Rogerio Silva

Nov 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro - BRAZIL !!!
Chakotay

Revell-Fan already gave you the whole process in detail, so the only thing I can add to that is that if you still have any doubts, take a look at the Tips, Tutorials and Tools section. You'll find a whole lot of useful info there.
Best of luck!