Building the Walthers N scale Blast Furnace

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
bigsteel said:
i wish i could AFFORD to buy everything,i would like to buy everything.but like most of my family...im broke!--josh
Me too, so I will probably be making everything out of cereal box cardboard. :D

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
i wonder how hard it would be to actually use cereal cardstock to build a version of trucklovers BF!im going a littl easier and using scrap plastic :thumb: --josh

DrGeologist

Canadian Down Under
I was wondering if you could tell me how high the highline on the BF is. I’ve got two BFs on order and I want to plan the track to connect with the highlines.

I’m hoping you’ll say 4” (as this would make my life easier) …but it looks less than 4” in the photos.

Thanks.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I was wondering if you could tell me how high the highline on the BF is. I’ve got two BFs on order and I want to plan the track to connect with the highlines.

I’m hoping you’ll say 4” (as this would make my life easier) …but it looks less than 4” in the photos.

Thanks.

Hi Dr. J. :wave:

I dont know for sure but i think it is around 3" Ill have to double check when I get home. This is the N scale version.

Glad to hear you got 2 of them on order. Im going to sell this one off and buy another 2 so i can kitbash them together this time to make a BIGGER BF :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
BEEN A LONG TIME since this thread had a post lol

Well ive decided to list the Blast Furnace, Rolling Mill and Coke Oven & Quencher on e-bay.

Reason being i want to start over and build them BIGGER using 3 Blast Furnace Kits, 4 or 5 Rolling Mill kits, and maybe 2 Coke Oven Kits. I know i know lots of time and money but i want HUGE MASSIVE buildings just like the prototypes lol.

Heres the link to the thread i ive posted the links to my auctions for them:

My E-bay Listings thread