Building the Walthers N scale Blast Furnace

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
nscaler711 said:
oh dude you just gotta post the photos when its all weatherd.....im just dying to see what it looks like when its on your layout LOL:D :thumb:

sign1 Will do for sure :thumb: :thumb:

Been a lil lazy tha past month, havn't done really anything on the layout :eek:

Hopefully will start weathering this baby up soon :D :D :D

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
bigsteel said:
OK here it is,its in HO,not N.as you can see the majority of it is there.i still have to add the bell hopper and top of the furnace.but you can see the open maintenece stairway in the middle.and the stoves,gas cleaners,etc.i found a photo of a BF with a scaffolding all around it and loved the lok so thats why it looks weird.and the whole thig is just 8in deep.--josh
BF.bmp

WOW, that is an AWESOME plan Josh. Can't wait to see some progress on her!!! :thumb: :D :thumb: :thumb: :D Thanks for sharing, wish I had the guts to scratch build something that big. :eek:ops: sign1

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
OK here it is with a little more detail,the black blobs are stairs and ladders but molded together in the uploading.but you get the idea.i got the hot blast main in ad the stack pipes.and finished the actual BF it self.im going to plastruct.com to get supplies!--josh

also,alot of the detail stuff on it didnt come out.but its there...trust me :D
BF_764432.bmp

wish I had the guts to scratch build something that big.
redface2.gif
sign1

trust me,no guts here..maybe im just a bit muey LOCO!! hamr hamr :p

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
An Update, going to my grandparents house this week and finally gonna break out the chalks and weather some more, first on the list is the blast furnace. Will be posting lost of pics this next coming week of her transformation into a 30+ year old structure. :D :D :D

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Alright, I finished weathering the main parts of the blast furnace. Still have to do the raised platform and the conveyor but those can wait till tomarrow.

Here are some pics!!!

Steel_Mill_Overview.jpg

Overview of the Blast Furnace

Steel_Mill_Roof.jpg

One of the roofs

Steel_Mill_Front_Left.jpg

Front Left

Steel_Mill_Front_Bottom.jpg

Front Bottom

Steel_Mill_Top.jpg

Steel_Mill_Side.jpg

Boiler Side

Steel_Mill_Side_2.jpg

Cast House Side

Steel_Mill_Back_Right.jpg

Back Right

Steel_Mill_Back_Center.jpg

Back Center

That's all for now, more pics tomarrow nite!! :D :D :D

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
COMBAT said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: balloon6 bounce7 hamr hamr hamr jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop

WOW! That looks great!!!!!

sign1 sign1 Thanks, :D :D :D :D it only took me 7 and a half hours to do, but it was so worth it :thumb: :thumb: :D :D

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
ok, here are some up-close pics of the lower parts under the cast house. I took some with the flash on and some with it off because I didn't have good light :curse: :curse: sign1

Bricks1.jpg

Bricks2.jpg

Bricks3.jpg

Bricks4.jpg

Bricks5.jpg

Bricks6.jpg

Bricks7.jpg

Bricks8.jpg

Bricks9.jpg

Bricks10.jpg

This what you wanted?

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
WOW!!!!!!i wish mine will look half that good!!!! didyou weather that with chalks,cause it has great results--josh

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
bigsteel said:
WOW!!!!!!i wish mine will look half that good!!!! didyou weather that with chalks,cause it has great results--josh

THANKS!!!!!! :D :D :D

Yup, the whole model was done using chalks.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
are there certain chalks you use,or are they reg. artists chalks? i saw a set a michaels for 10.00 and was wondering if it would work.--josh

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I am ordering 2 Walthers N scale Rolling Mills (http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3250) on Monday from Mike at Fifer Hobby. Can anyone say SEQUEL???????

Yes that is right, another thread on building another key part of the steel mill!!! Gonna do it just as I did this thread exept in stread of the blast furnace, it will be the Rolling Mills kitbashed together.

Here is the plan again for the Steel Mill:

Steel_Mill_Part_-_NO_RL.jpg

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
bigsteel said:
are there certain chalks you use,or are they reg. artists chalks? i saw a set a michaels for 10.00 and was wondering if it would work.--josh

Yup, those are it, got mine for $10.00 to!!! That is what I am using, I got the set that has all the "earth tones" in it.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Wow!
Absolutely incredible build!

I still don't have patience to do stuff like that.
I prefer my models pre built. :D