Building the 'new' Setagaya Japanese layout

redracer

Latest pictures

Sorry there has been no updates for a while ...

Here is a view of the front of the underground levels as seen through the hole in the front of the layout. Top is the shopping arcade, and bottom is the subway station (with no back wall yet).

Attachments

• p5010055.jpg
    p5010055.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 579

redracer

Here is the 'back' view that will never be seen again when the 'ground' level is put back on. If you are wondering why the backs of the buildings look jagged, it is because they are two sided, but on a layout like this would be wasted, so I cut them in half to use both sides facing the front. You can also see the wires for the interior lights of the shops and the platform.

Attachments

• p5010063.jpg
    p5010063.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 574

Drew1125

redracer,
I'm sorry, for some reason, I seem to have missed this thread...:eek:

This looks to be a finely crafted, & most imaginative layout!
Excellent work!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

redracer

Originally posted by Gavin Miller
Hey! That's looking great Doug. I can just see that station crowded with little commuters.

Please post updates.

Gavin

OK well heres the first commuter picture ...

Attachments

• p5040003.jpg
    p5040003.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 552

redracer

4th commuter picture

Thanks for your comments Charlie - however even though it may be imaginative, it you looked real close - itsnot too finely crafted due to lack of time :)

Attachments

• p5040006.jpg
    p5040006.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 543

Tyson Rayles

Doug I disagree with you, it is finely crafted and the last group of pictures prove it!!! Fantasic work and a really unusual and really neat layout. I will continue to follow this thread with great interest. Now if I can just find a example of subways in rural Appalacia circa 1968.......................................................

redracer

Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
Doug I disagree with you, it is finely crafted and the last group of pictures prove it!!! Fantasic work and a really unusual and really neat layout. I will continue to follow this thread with great interest. Now if I can just find a example of subways in rural Appalacia circa 1968.......................................................

Thanks Tsyon.

I think you'll find the subways are there - you just have to start digging ... :p

Drew1125

Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
.... Now if I can just find a example of subways in rural Appalacia circa 1968.......................................................

Uh...I thank 'at's call'd a coal mine bubba!:D ;) :p :D

redracer

I have done the back wall (with advertising signs) and painted and ballasted the track, so the bottom station level is pretty well finished - now to do the upper shopping level ...

Attachments

• p5060007.jpg
    p5060007.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 627
Wow! That looks brilliant Doug. Something I have always thought about doing.

The way you have done it looks just like how I would have wanted mine to turn out. Now all it needs is a 221 set alongside the platform! :) :)

Great work.

Gavin

redracer

Originally posted by Gavin Miller
Wow! That looks brilliant Doug. Something I have always thought about doing.

The way you have done it looks just like how I would have wanted mine to turn out. Now all it needs is a 221 set alongside the platform! :) :)

Great work.

Gavin

Thanks - sorry, but the 221 (and 223) set(s) will be running on the elevated suburban line.

Anyone here who doesn't know what we are talking about wanna see pictures of the prototype ?

redracer

Well the underground levels are pretty well finished, and the 'lid' will go on this week.

here are some closerup shots, from L -> R

Attachments

• p5120002.jpg
    p5120002.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 558