Building the Enterprise E

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by trekman1017, Dec 15, 2008.

1. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

Today I started building the enterprise E. It will take awile but I will photo the process. I may run into troublewall1 so pleses give me advice on building this.:thumb:

SEBRET Member

Well I have yet to do a Star Trek model, but i will watch and offer what tips I can as you progress, GOOD LUCK.
  3. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

You're building Zousho's model I imagine ? The saucer was pretty straightforward, but the engineering hull was a little tricky. Good luck.
  4. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

here is the first picture of the build. Do i cut out the windows?:confused:

Attached Files:

5. nice work on it so far but for the part in the background you only need half of that ring otherwise it is to high
  6. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

7. im looking forward to watching this wish i could finish mine :( for the windows also i dont think you have to cut them out because the bottom saucer section i know has some depth to it and the windoe recesses arent that big you could ask d-whale i know he has built this model of you can ask wlock he also built it.
  8. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

I have cut out all the windows, also the dark grey windows! and i cut they out one millimeter more, but not the layer with the final texture! the different is: the last layer has the aztec texture! Reason, why i do this: you can glue the "real" windows from behind or inside! with this way you don´t need flaps to glue it! and you see no cut edges of the windows!!!!!:thumb:

thats right, but you need the complete part not only the grey part! and it is better you begin with bottom side of the saucer!

just my opinion:oops:
  9. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

The windows are just for reference on that part. I'd suggest laminating it to cardboard though before doing anything else, the added rigidity makes it much easier to build.
  10. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

more pix, the outer "ring" has been trimed and the top part atached to cardbord :thumb:

Attached Files:

11. mchale

mchale beach boy

nice work there can't wait to see more
  12. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

what kind of glue do you use to get a cleen buidl?
  13. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I don't think it's so much a type of glue as it is the technique you use to apply it. You need to be sparing with the glue, wiping away excess glue using a cloth or sponge. Use only what you need to cover the glueing surface with a small layer of glue and then be quick about applying it to the surface of the model so that this very thin layer doesn't dry before the part is on the model.

If you do it right you should get very clean builds.
  14. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

im working now on the edge of the sauser pix when i finish with that. How many projects do you guys work on at any given time?
  15. JanoNath

JanoNath New Member

I don't know about everyone else but the best glue that I have found to use is Duck brand glue sticks, they look like chap stick. I have tried several other varities and this is the easiest for me to use.
  16. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

the edge of the sauser is almost done, ive had other things come up so this project was on the back burner for a couple weeks. pictures tomrow
  17. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

of the 5 pictures i took this is the only one that i could upload

Attached Files:

18. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

looking really good mate well done !!!!!!! :) :)
  19. Mauiman

Mauiman Member

I always love seeing a Sovy in the works! Keep up the good work and I will love to see her when she is done.

This message was made and posted on a Nintendo WII
  20. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

:confused::confused:wall1I have no idea how to do the bottom half of the sauser HELP ME!!!