Building the Argon Colossus - X3: Reunion(game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the4ce

The same model? That is strange:mrgreen:

I know that is normal but I in the game that is normal? There is a piece that I need to find.
In the last days I haven't work at the model I will try to continue.

I was wondering if you will post.:mrgreen:

the4ce

Now I am working at the front.
I still don't know about those borders they will be for about 1mm and the model will be extremly complicated to build.:-| Maybe I should put those complicated parts on an other sheet of paper and print them with normal paper not with thick paper.

Attachments

• ACd22.jpg
    ACd22.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 6
  • ACd23.jpg
    ACd23.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 6

the4ce

I was right, the edges has 1mm. It wasn't so hard to buil, I spent ~30min on it. Its not so good but...

Attachments

• ACtb1.jpg
    ACtb1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 171
  • ACtb2.jpg
    ACtb2.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 168

the4ce

Thanks, I don't realy know what I will do when I will start to unfold the model, because I put the edited model in pepakura with that part so that I can know exactly how big should be...the problem was that It needed 20 seconds to move one part, so that is a problem. :-|

About X3: my favorite pc game magazine has one full game in every month, now this month the full game is X3: Reunion Game of the Year Edition!!! I was wondering if they will put the game.

the4ce

After a LOT OF DAYS without doing nothing I have made some new updates.
Nosports have gived me a tip to how to build the 1mm edge of that part to be more simple. The tip is verry good but I don't know if I will use it because of some "problems".:( Maybe I will use the tip in other projects. Thanks anyway Nosports:thumb:

Thanks for the site ThunderChild. Well I prefer more the XTM mod. :)

Attachments

• ACd24.jpg
    ACd24.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 10
  • ACd25.jpg
    ACd25.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 10
  • ACd26.jpg
    ACd26.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 8

the4ce

Ok...With the tip from Nosports I have made that part with 1mm edge to be more easy to build. Thanks Nosports!:thumb:

Attachments

• ACd27.jpg
    ACd27.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 9
  • ACd28.jpg
    ACd28.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 9

the4ce

Thanks! :)

I updated the model a bit...

Sorry for those who are waiting this model :( I don't know when I will finish it. I just hope that I will finish it as soon as posible.

Attachments

• ACd29.jpg
    ACd29.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 9
  • ACd30.jpg
    ACd30.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 9

CJTK1701

Banned
Thanks for showing your updates. I think everyone pretty much understands delays. We've all got projects we need to work on and Real Life issues often have their own time schedule.:mrgreen:

ThunderChild

Thanks for showing your updates. I think everyone pretty much understands delays. We've all got projects we need to work on and Real Life issues often have their own time schedule.:mrgreen:

Amen!

No worries 4ce, Just remember that this should not become a chore, it's meant to be fun! So take whatever time you need buddy! Good luck!

astrospud

My life is one delay after another! LOL
Anyhoo, I took Lex' advice and tried model adjustments in Sketchup. I'm having problems with maps tho. How are you able to keep the textures aligned as in your screen caps without losing the coords?

Marc

the4ce

Ok, I hope that you put the model with the textures in SketchUp.

This is after the editing.
MT1.jpg

Go to "Window" -> "Materials"
MT2.jpg

A window should appear in the right of the screen. Select the "Sample Paint" icon.
MT3.jpg

Click on a face with textures and then on a face with no textures.(the faces need to be close toghether)
MT4.jpg

Here is the result:
MT5.jpg

Continue until you get this:
MT6.jpg

I hope that was usefull. :)

the4ce

I haven't done anything at it for weeks, :-| but I have something else :) it just needs a little test build...

Status
Not open for further replies.