Building the Argon Colossus - X3: Reunion(game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the4ce

Dec 19, 2007
I sometimes miss the X2 Argon Nova. That ship fully upgraded was kickass! It reminded me of 'the last starfighter'.

CJTK, I know X3 is EXTREMELY resource intensive, I found out that the "recommended PC specs" stated on the cover is actually the minimum. Being a 3D animator is a great excuse for keeping my home pc up to date and high, and I've never had any probs with X3.
hmmm... maybe my game works because I have an AMD? :D

4ce, You made my day posting the X3 (4) link! I was wondering when the next one will come! :) Thanx! BTW, will the procedure you used to get X3 models work for X2? Just still thinking of that Nova... :p

Keep us posted on your progress with the Colossus buddy!

Ohh...I haven't seen your post:mrgreen: sorry:eek:ops:

Your welcome & thanks
Well in X2 I liked the argon discoverer and buster at the look, and nova at the weapons
I think you can extract the models with X2ModManager not with X3ModManager. I tryed with X3MM and I haven't find a model

CJTK, I don't have no ideea what is the problem:cry: try to get the latest patch

Can someone awnser my question so I can continue with the model???(see #18 )(I can continue the model with out the awnser but I want to see what others has to say) Should I let that...that...thing:mrgreen:?

CJTK1701

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
I did answer, I think I'd leave it be, if it's that insignificant, don't sweat the small stuff.

ThunderChild

I have a little problem with a part(see picture).
Should I let it to be for about 1mm? Or try to remove it?:confused:

It will be a challenge to build but not impossible. If you take it out you may get a problem at the front of that section, so my suggestion is to let it be.
Looks great so far!
Thanx for the advice 4ce, when I'm done with a few projects in my list I'll try those programs. :thumb:

the4ce

Dec 19, 2007
Thanks & no problem ThunderChild :)

I made an antena for the ship. It took me ~3 hours to design(some of it) it.:(
Any comments about it?

pic.1,2,3: how should it look after assembly.
pic.4,5: the parts for assembling.

Attachments

• ACd7.jpg
    ACd7.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 12
  • ACd8.jpg
    ACd8.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Acd9.jpg
    Acd9.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 9
  • ACd10.jpg
    ACd10.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 8
  • ACd11.jpg
    ACd11.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 10

the4ce

Dec 19, 2007
OK, I have done ~15% of the ship.:-|

Is there a probblem that I had removed the pipes at picture 3?:confused:(compare post #10(pic.2) with this post(pic.3))

Attachments

• ACd12.jpg
    ACd12.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 6
  • ACd13.jpg
    ACd13.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 7
  • ACd14.jpg
    ACd14.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 5
S

Soaring

From my perspective, no problems, just a greeblie-fied ship waiting to be built by a consumer :D

the4ce

Dec 19, 2007
I hope there is't any problems.:mrgreen:

But I still have a problem: I don't realy know if I should import the model at once or separately in Pepakura. I am afraid if I import separately the model in Pepakura the group of parts won't fit.
Any help?:confused:

idonutn0

Jan 30, 2008
Great job on the model!
Do you think that the model extraction steps that you listed above would work to get models out of Star Wars Battlefront?

the4ce

Dec 19, 2007
Thanks!
If you find .CAT files in the directory of the game maybe it will work if you don't find those files then you can't extract them with that method.

So can someone awnser my question?

ThunderChild

Hi 4ce!
I personally do the entire model in 3d first, then export everything in one batch into Pepa in one file. That way you don't have the scale problem. You can resize the development as you wish in pepa, so size is what you want it to be.
Hope it helps. :)

the4ce

Dec 19, 2007
I just hope that Pepakura won't crash with so many pieces to unfold.:mrgreen:

S

Soaring

Egad! I'm watching this thread carefully.....-.- I must...make...cool...Argon...ship!

Great job so far however :O

the4ce

Dec 19, 2007
Some new updates:

Compare the pictures:)
I think that I haven't put the right textures...I need to play a little to see.:-|

Attachments

• ACd15.jpg
    ACd15.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 10
  • ACd16.jpg
    ACd16.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 8

the4ce

Dec 19, 2007
Thanks, I have edited the other side of the model(pic1) to and now I have some problems with the textures: I can't find the right textures. :cry:
I have replaced the texture from a part(pic2) because I know it can't be that texture.

Attachments

• ACd17.jpg
    ACd17.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 7
  • ACd18.jpg
    ACd18.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 263

the4ce

Dec 19, 2007
Today I haven't edited the model so much only one piece(pic1, pic2, pic3). And one part is missing...?:confused:(pic4) This hole was when I started to edit.

P.S.: Do I put to many pictures? :mrgreen:

Attachments

• ACd18.jpg
    ACd18.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 7
  • ACd19.jpg
    ACd19.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 6
  • ACd20.jpg
    ACd20.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 5
  • ACd21.jpg
    ACd21.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 8

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
that hole is normal, its there when i did it as well.
your doing a great job. please don't stop i need this.
i about wet myself when i saw you doing this. i started doing this in december but im not nearly skilled enough to do it and its funny that we both started with the same ship

Status
Not open for further replies.