Building the Antipodal bomber

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Joseph, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Joseph

Joseph Member

OK, I managed to draw this thing in Rhino, so here the test build...
    Info about this 'aircraft' here:
    I will build it b&w - still have to learn texturing in corel :?
  2. billmcc

billmcc Member

I think this is an interesting subject. I look forward to seeing more.
  3. Joseph

Joseph Member

I printed the skin on 80 g/m2 paper to do a test build. The fit is correct (I worked quickly so it looks ugly, but a patient modeler would do better).
    Definitely I will have to redesign the nose. It's perfect on rhino, but impossible to glue correctly in the real world :evil:
  4. gera

gera Member

Very interesting Joseph....keep us up on the progress of the model. 8)
  5. Joseph

Joseph Member

With the help of Nobi, I managed to understand how to color the kit, so I've begun a new build.
    Changed the formers a bit, so that the whole thing is stronger.
  6. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Nobi has been helping me with a few (actually, a lot) of problems. But I am either too thick headed for what he shows me to sink in, or the old saying, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" is true. Maybe its both. Glad Nobi was able to put you on the right track. The subject looks to be an interesting one.
  7. Jimi

Jimi Member

Been reading the literature about this machine and OMG. what would have history been if this machine did fly? scary indeed.
  8. Joseph

Joseph Member

Well, the test build of the auxiliary unit is finished...Result: it is possible to build it :lol:
    I've begun to work on the main part - the plane itself. I hope to post pics soon.