Building of The RK&M: The Cement Distributor

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Using different color sands I created the driveway and pathway for the office.

cemdist_ad_001a.jpg

cemdist_ad_002a.jpg

cemdist_ad_003a.jpg

steamhead

Hi Tom,

Great job on that crummy...!!! Are those shades in the windows?? Dressing it up with railings, brake wheel and rusty couplers would really bring it to life! I did the same with an old beat-up Overton coach (Roundhouse, I think it is) painted it and lettered it for my LC&P. I'll get around to taking a couple of pics once it finds a "home" on the layout.

Congrats to you...!!!

Gus (LC&P).

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Thanks Gus.

There are no shades in the windows. Some of the windows are boarded up, however.

I have now added some trees, foliage, clump foliage, and fine leaf foliage to the scene.

cemdist_ae_002a.jpg

cemdist_ae_003a.jpg

cemdist_ae_004a.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Here is where I finished up the scenery near the Cement Distributor.

cemdist_af_001a.jpg

cemdist_af_002a.jpg

I added a mailbox and electric pole to the office.

cemdist_af_003a.jpg

I also added an electric meter and a smoke stack.

cemdist_af_004a.jpg

viperman

Looking great! I've never thought or heard of using windshield washer fluid for weathering. What kind of effect did that have?

RailRon

Awesome modeling, Tom! The setting, weathering and cluttering is simply perfect! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ron

steamhead

Hi,

Tom, you'll never cease to amaze me...!!! Where do you get all the stuff to come up witth those details?? I think I see a coupler box masquerading as an electric meter - am I right??? The whole scene is awesome!!!:thumb:

Whatever happened to the discussion at the cement distributor?? Did we ever find out what that was all about??

Gus (LC&P).

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Thanks folks!

Gus,
The electric meter box is a detail part. Off the top of my head I can not remember who makes it. I will try to find out. The lights are a kit. The sign was made on the computer and printed on paper and glued on. The palletts are made by Woodland Scenics. The electric poles are bamboo skewers and the cross bucks ae made by JL Innovative design.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
After seeing another modeler’s photo of a roof he ballasted I decided to give it a try. I always thought that there was something missing on the cement distributor.

cemdist_ah_001a.jpg

cemdist_ah_002a.jpg

Next will be weathering the ballast.