Building my new layout

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
WOW Val, I can't believe the progress that you are making :eek: and you are doing a REALLY GOOD job on it to. I like AWESOME looking truss bridge you got there and that city scene looks so cool already, I can't wait to see the finished scene. Nice job on the risers for the mainline to!!

Keep up the progress :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

spitfire

Thanks Will - it was a big relief.

Josh - that bridge is a new release from Atlas and comes in silver or black. I bought the silver because it reminded me of a bridge in my mom's home town, but Brakie told me most RR bridges were painted black to cut down on the glare from the headlight at night, so I may paint it.

Steven, thank-you. I have a new regime for the layout, which is to work on it for a 1/2 hour every day. At that rate, after a year, I will have put in 4-1/2 40-hour weeks. Cool, huh?

Val

spitfire

Okay - time for another small update. I'm doing terrain and it seems to be very time-consuming.

These shots show two bridges in progress and one underpass. The underpass will have a plate girder bridge over it, and the pink foam bridge will be a scratchbuild, mainly because I can't find anything the right size.

First photo: underpass, showing cutaway for road where it will go down and under. I have put real earth on the embankment, but it will be mostly covered by various kinds of ground cover, weeds, and small trees eventually.

Second photo: Atlas girder bridge - a nice easy to build kit. I'm doing a little work on the river.

Third photo: pink foam bridge just to get an idea. I plan to scratchbuild a stone arch bridge here.

Fourth photo: looking downgrade at the tunnel opening.

Attachments

• P1010165.JPG
    P1010165.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 48
  • P1010164.JPG
    P1010164.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 48
  • P1010162.JPG
    P1010162.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 46
  • P1010163.JPG
    P1010163.JPG