Building my layout...

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by jbaakko, Nov 25, 2007.

1. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

That bridge is going to look AWESOME!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  2. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Thanks guys! I'll post a few more shots later on tomorrow, or Thursday.
  3. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Slowly progressing, going to order a majority of the track next payday. Two buildings have their foundations laid out.

Attached Files:

4. NIevo

NIevo Member

Looking good:thumb: At least you have buildings placed on your layout:mrgreen:
  5. Mike Desira

Mike Desira New Member

cool layout. Congrats.

Me? I have this here backwaters train set mentality which made me put out an MDF 10X4 table which kinda sprouted an L on the side, and what do you know, it's a shunting yard with a dogbone mainline, and here is where the bone will spur to the dock area and this here junction will eventually lead to an upper deck holding an industrial area.....hold on a minute, shoot, pard, we can just be able to squeeze two passing sidings to provide what the conoscienti call an "off-layout destination", and suddenly I wake up and all the detail disappear, and what I have becomes obvious....a mongrel layout which like Topsy, grows, and as it grows so does my knowledge of how not to do things..........Anyone out there owns Kalmbach shares? Rejoyce, cos' I have bought most of their books on MRR.
    I am using them to lever myself out of the train set mentality into the hallowed realm of layouts. The result? Just lemme figure out how to post pix of this month's playboy bunny, ermmmm, sorry, scrap layout, I meant, honest, and you will can judge for yourself for which funny farm I am eligible.
  6. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Guess I've left ya'll out of the loop here.

Attached Files:

7. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Scrap yard

Custom paint shop (this is the fictional location that I do my custom painting in...)

Great West Models Warehouse
  8. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

9. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

mmmmhhh..... don’t know why I did not notice your thread until now :confused::confused:. The trackplan looks very interesting and I am sure it will make a great layout. I’ll be on the watch for your thread, not to miss your progress. Great job so far :thumb::thumb::thumb:.
  10. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Thanks Kurt! Its moving along slowly...
  11. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

WOW AWESOME progress Josh!!!!

I love it all!!! My Favs are the embankment at the bridge, the bridge its self, the Great West Models warehouse, and the ADM Grain and Red Wing Flour mill Buildings. Ohhh and the Scrap Yard, ohhhh who am i kidding its all AWESOME!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  12. jesso

jesso Member

It is turning out nice. I really like how your hills are turning out. Will be watching!
  13. wpyr

wpyr Member

Nice layout! Cool cat!
  14. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Reminds me of my favorite part of layout construction. The beggining when stuff actually gets done.