Building Bachmann's Ambassador Hotel

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by spitfire, May 14, 2005.

1. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Not a dissenter at all Andrew!,

This is way too hot, as soon as it gets above 22 I'm start feeling worse.. but on the plus side, my lovely dark basement is a good 8 degrees cooler that the rest of the house and guess where the railway is!

2. jetrock

jetrock Member

Good luck on the quitting smoking--I quit (again) myself in January, and have spent the money I saved on railroad stuff--haven't regretted a penny of it!

22 degrees...whoa! Here in central California it is supposed to reach 37 degrees or so today, after unseasonably cool weather all summer long! I'm looking forward to a real scorcher, although I won't be able to work on the layout since it is in the garage...maybe I'll build a kit indoors!

Looking forward to more progress on the hotel--but can wait until the nicotine fits pass!
  3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

37 degrees eh Jetrock. That would be a touch too much for us thick blooded northeners
  4. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

and is the weather any better 12 miles west of me in Georgetown? The prediction for this week was 32, and I said "Ah, freezing!". I think it's gone over 32 most of the week.
  5. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Val, where's the hotel, how's it progressing?

Can't wait to see more of this great thread!
  6. Clark A.

Clark A. Member

I was just refereed over to this thread and WOW how great it is! Unbelieveable!!
  7. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Yeah, this is the first I've seen of it too. Beautiful work Val, it's hard to tell what's modelled and what's computered. This will really be a standout part of "Parkdale". Congrats on kickin' the weed: the cravings go away, but they still come back once in a while. Must be 7 or 8 years for me. I had to double check the dates on the posts: I didn't know if we'd gone back to Fahrenheit, or if I'd just been in the basement too long. I do wish it was 35 or 38 though. Thats about the only thing I miss from work: 35 or 38, or even 40 would have been pleasant. Anyway, keep pluggin' away at that hotel. I look forward to seeing more.

8. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Hey Clark that loco in your avatar was here in Bryson City NC in Sept. for railfest. I posted some pics of it at RR-Line I think. They were charging $10 for a 30 minute ride.
  9. Clark A.

Clark A. Member

Hey Tyson you have a link to those pics? Its home base is in Owosso (ohh-wah-so) MI. It was in Port Huron a while back, thats where I first saw it.
  10. shortliner

shortliner Member

Val -a superb piece of 2D/3D modelling in that lobby - the "optical delusion" works really well! MORE! MORE!
    Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands of Scotland
  11. Secret15

Secret15 New Member

DIMMS. Please

Hi Guys, I am all new to this Hobby and was wondering if someone can let me know what the dimmensions for this would be in O Scale or regular inches.

P.S. Love what you did with the interior.

Thanks Much In advance.
  12. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

I can't believe I haven't seen this earlier. I'm now eagerly awaiting the continuation of this project. great work Val!
  13. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks everyone!! I have had a ridiculously busy past 4 months and haven't had the time to focus on this project. The next few weeks will be busy as well, but after that things will settle down and I plan to get back to work on this hotel.

Sorry for the humoungous delay but it WILL happen. :D

14. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Nice to have you back! Looking forward to seeing this (and more...). No pressure though ;) :D

15. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Hi Val!
    Great to see you posting!
    I had been absent around here myself, for awhile...I had missed this thread as well...your mastery at building structures continues to grow in leaps & bounds!
    This is an amazing bit of modeling you're working on!
    :thumb: :cool: :cool: :thumb:
  16. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks Drew and Andrew
    I hope to have an update in the next couple of weeks. I start back to work tomorrow and right now I am shivering, honking, bundled up in a blanket, drinking hot lemonade and trying to kick this cold I have in a big hurry!