Building Bachmann's Ambassador Hotel

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Good luck on the quitting smoking--I quit (again) myself in January, and have spent the money I saved on railroad stuff--haven't regretted a penny of it!

22 degrees...whoa! Here in central California it is supposed to reach 37 degrees or so today, after unseasonably cool weather all summer long! I'm looking forward to a real scorcher, although I won't be able to work on the layout since it is in the garage...maybe I'll build a kit indoors!

Looking forward to more progress on the hotel--but can wait until the nicotine fits pass!

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Yeah, this is the first I've seen of it too. Beautiful work Val, it's hard to tell what's modelled and what's computered. This will really be a standout part of "Parkdale". Congrats on kickin' the weed: the cravings go away, but they still come back once in a while. Must be 7 or 8 years for me. I had to double check the dates on the posts: I didn't know if we'd gone back to Fahrenheit, or if I'd just been in the basement too long. I do wish it was 35 or 38 though. Thats about the only thing I miss from work: 35 or 38, or even 40 would have been pleasant. Anyway, keep pluggin' away at that hotel. I look forward to seeing more.

Wayne

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
Val -a superb piece of 2D/3D modelling in that lobby - the "optical delusion" works really well! MORE! MORE!
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands of Scotland

Secret15

Dec 28, 2005
DIMMS. Please

Hi Guys, I am all new to this Hobby and was wondering if someone can let me know what the dimmensions for this would be in O Scale or regular inches.

P.S. Love what you did with the interior.

Thanks Much In advance.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks everyone!! I have had a ridiculously busy past 4 months and haven't had the time to focus on this project. The next few weeks will be busy as well, but after that things will settle down and I plan to get back to work on this hotel.

Sorry for the humoungous delay but it WILL happen. :D

Val

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Val!
Great to see you posting!
I had been absent around here myself, for awhile...I had missed this thread as well...your mastery at building structures continues to grow in leaps & bounds!
This is an amazing bit of modeling you're working on!
:thumb: :cool: :cool: :thumb:

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks Drew and Andrew
I hope to have an update in the next couple of weeks. I start back to work tomorrow and right now I am shivering, honking, bundled up in a blanket, drinking hot lemonade and trying to kick this cold I have in a big hurry!

Val