Building a freight station

Richard Gude

May 31, 2005
I have an old photo of a C&NW Freight station that I am trying to scratch build. It has about 15 freight doors that open directly without a loading dock. The photo is taken in the sun shine which is OK but it obscures some detail that is in the shade. It looks to me that there might be small windows above or perhaps between each set of freight doors. The roof overhang is minimal. Was the placement of windows like this normal or wasn't this done. The photo is circa 1984 and the buiding is in a state of disrepair. Can anyone help?:confused:
Thanks, rhg

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Richard,Could you post a picture? It would be unusual for a freight station to have windows on the dock sides.There should be a rail dock side and street dock side for loading trucks.

Richard Gude

May 31, 2005
Brakie,
I don't have web site access for pictures so will try to attach a small one. I am not sure that it posted.

rhg

Attachments

• Eau Claire Freight Station2.jpg
    Eau Claire Freight Station2.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 31

Richard Gude

May 31, 2005
Brakie,

If this photo won't work please see my post on the Atlas HO forum "resizing a freight shed photo" Thanks,

rhg

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Depending on the age of the structure, it would not be unusual for the doors to have little windows above them. However, this practice was generally discontinued with the advent of reliable and inexpensive indoor lighting (i.e. electricity).

Andrew