Building a Bridge

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by jasbourre, Jan 19, 2005.

1. jasbourre

jasbourre Member

I would like to build a bridge or two for my HO layout. I'm quite sure I can build it, all I need are some good pictures.

Anyone ever come across a website dedicated to bridges?

Thanks, Andy
  2. George D

George D Member

3. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

If you need more pix, you can always "google it".

Google search

4. jasbourre

jasbourre Member

Thanks George, good link.

Thanks Val, but I tried that.
  5. daboonk

daboonk Member

i built a few out of wood, i'll send a pic when i can, i built them from 1/4 x 1/4 pine, they arent perfect to scale but look great
  6. daboonk

daboonk Member

here are some pics, i used spring clamps to attach them to a pice of maisonite, i cut them on a table saw then to length with a band saw, to get the angles i used a belt/disc sander. simple process, fun to make and they look good

Attached Files:

7. hswn

hswn Member

8. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

A great book, long out of print but still easy to find on Ebay is Kalbach Publishing's, "Bridges and Buildings for Model Railroads". While written for another time, it still has relevant information, details and articles on a variety of bridges.
  9. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Great Idea!

Nice looking bridges there, Daboonk! I have a few O scale bridges to build for a Lionel around-the-walls layout, and that looks like just the trick! :thumb:
  10. daboonk

daboonk Member

y thank you, i have build a few more, i'll get some more pics and i will be building a web page with instructions some day..
  11. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

12. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Cool!!! This would be a great resource. Be sure to post the URL when it's ready. :)