Building a 1/16 scale P39N Airacobra

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Leif Oh, Sep 21, 2004.

1. jasco

jasco Member

Leif - Very inspiring work. I can hardly wait to get home and work on my own projects!
  2. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Congratulations on a job more than well done! You really captured the real plane in your build as can be seen by the photos you linked to. Not much more needs to be said. You simply did an AMAZING job!! :D
  3. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Leif, that model is what this website is all about! Cracking model, lots of modifications, fascinating reading and loads of pics 'in progress'. Who is not going to be inspired and filled with enthusiasm after watching this build? No-one, of course! Thanks for sharing it with us all.

Tim P
  4. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

A superb model, I enjoyed your innovative approaches to the various problems in scaling up the model.

Thanks for sharing your skills with us.

Jim Nunn
  5. dre

dre New Member

i hope i will be able to do such great thing in the (far) future.
    great model!
  6. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

A truly spectacular and excellent build, nicely complemented by an outstanding write-up and photographic record.

I must say, my friend, this series has provided not only a wonderful learning experience but was extremely entertaining too! Frankly, I am very surprised many of your photos did not make the Photo of the Week, but am happy to see at least one has been so honored.

Congratulations, a well deserved honor!!

I wonder what you will treat us to in the future?

Again, my heart felt thanks for a superb building thread and congratulations on being the picture of the week! (Sure wish they had one of those clapping emoticons on this site, a few dozen of them would work very well right about here. :wink: )

7. jrts

jrts Active Member

This has to be one off if not the best aircraft construction thread I have ever seen.
    So much info, tips and does and don'ts, a must read thread no matter what type of models you build.

A plane to be real proud off, I would be :D

More threads please :lol:

Well done

8. J.L.

J.L. Member

Hi Leif,
    What a wonderful review! I am most impressed with your arrangement of parts and composition for each photograph. Each shot tells a story.
    I would think that you enjoy the sharing of your work through photography as much as the actual 'build'.