Build: Up-Scale 1:20, Republic P-47D-25, Halinski 3/06

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by rlwhitt, Feb 26, 2007.

1. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Continuing on in the cockpit, here is a view of the "cans" at the back of the panel, and an attempt at simulating wires. I don't have a pic of this section of a real cockpit to show the route of the wires, so I'm just more or less following Pawell's lead on this. I'm not too hung up on being exactly right here. :)

2. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

And here we have the completed control stick and on the right you can see the seat support structure.

3. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

I see what you mean about the rear of the instrument panel being visible now.
  4. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

That cockpit is looking amazing so far! Can't wait to see more!
  5. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Truly Fantastic Rick! A new master in our midst!
  6. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Actually you've always been a master, you have just shown us why!
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

holy keeeeeeeerap! Great work there! Could just about climb right in!
  8. Prowler901

Prowler901 Member

Holy Smokes Rick!! This is gonna be beautiful :)

9. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member

Great work, Rick!
  10. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

@Carl - Um, thanks... I think... :grin:

I feel the same way when I look at your multi-wing wonders!

And thanks everyone else for your too-kind comments so far... I can't take all the credit - the large scale is quite a big help. Normal detail is much more fun, and the additional stuff becomes feasible whout being too burdensome. I'm having a blast so far with this big beast!

11. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Hey I'm enjoying this as much as a post season football game! Keep up the good show, only 99 yds to go!
  12. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Haven't had much time at the mat this week. I did get the throne done, finally!

13. Willja67

Willja67 Member

All hail King Rick! Shouted just prior to falling down to worship.:-o At least some of the crowd the rest are just speechless.
  14. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Holy Smokes! Is that real leather? Real metal buckles? You better be careful, some of those achive pics of the real jugs are copyrighted! you can't just post them and say that's your kit!
  15. Wily

Wily Member

Compared to you, all my stuff looks like I made them while wearing mittens.
  16. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK.......... I gotta ask................ where are you going to store this beauty when she is finished?

I got first dibs!:grin: :grin: :grin: Just kidding!

I love the fire button on top of the control stick.............
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I can see the electricity pumping through the guages :) superb job buddy!
  18. romfolmar

romfolmar New Member

we're not worthy we're not worthy
    Great cockpit, more, must see more!!!
  19. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Dang thanks guys, you are all too kind. As for the materials, sorry, but no real leather :) Just very thin paper painted brown. But the buckles ARE real metal, made from thin floral wire. Tedious, even at the larger size.

As for where I'll put it, that's a good question. I wish I lived near someone who would display such things, assume of course it continues to turn out well.

20. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Work continues slowly, as real life keeps nastily intruding...

Have finished up the central cockpit detail, with a few floor doodads (floordads?) The rounded knobs over on those levers I made by building up globs of glue/paint mixture.