Build : Pristontale Archer

M

Mark_1984

More progress of the fiddly bits. Here is the broach thingy.
broach.jpg

This was a fiddly little so n so. In contrast to the bow, this was missing a couple of tabs. Actually probably a good thing - it just needed a couple of tabs added to the back to hold it together.
All that is left now are two bracelets and some ribbon. The bracelets look like right little gits........

Amazyah

Great job on this model, Mark!
I've enjoyed watching every step of the way and most especially that last picture of her uuuhhhh, broach, yeah her broach!

Russell

M

Mark_1984

Finished - at last :eek:)

Well, I finally got her finished, and I'm mighty please with her.

Here are the last bits to go on. The bracelets.
bracelet.jpg

And here she is :thumb:

finished1.jpg

A rather satisfying build. The bow was the only really tricky bit. The rest wasn't too difficult. It was definitely worth putting lead weights in her feet - she stands quite firmly, but I'm sure whe would have toppled without the extra weight.

M

Mark_1984

Thanks guys - I see this thread has over 5000 views - is that because of my building skills, or the subject matter ???????

Anybody want any more photos of the finished model ?

C

cgutzmer

It could be both ;) however you did do a great job on the build :)

At the risk of becoming the BUTT of any jokes (like last time) heh heh I wouldnt mind seeing one complete with a scale cube in the shot.

Also I am sorry if you covered this but its been a while.... did you fill the model with anything to help it stand? I think you said once but I forget....

So whats your next going to be?
Chris

M

Mark_1984

7.jpg

She seems to stand with a slight lean to her left. I've just counteracted this by placing a few coins under her left heel.

I'm pleased with this one :) Not the easiest build, but very satisfying now it's finished.

dansls1

She looks really good!

When I saw the pictures of her on the table like that, the first thing I thought of was the leg lamp from A Christmas Story...

I think her stance looks spot on. I know from the experience of others that she sometimes leans a bit backwards, but you've got her perfectly upright. Congratulations on a very successful build of a challenging model. I have this kit also. If mine comes out anywhere near as nice as yours I'll b a happy camper.
Regards,
Don