Build : Pristontale Archer

M

Mark_1984

It's been a while since I updated this thread. The bow is slowly being coerced into shape. It's not so much construction as persuasion ;)

Anyway, more pics coming soon :)

M

Mark_1984

OK - here is a bit of progress on the bow. Unfortunately it's got a twist in it. Don't know where it came from, or how I'm going to get it out. Maybe a strategic cut or two somewhere. I think I'll do the other section first, so I can see how the finished article is.

bow7.jpg

(Sorry the photo is out of focus)

Lex

Dollmaker
Long, complicated pieces always tend to get twisted in some way. So don't worry too much about that. It is already an achievement to finish the bow at all~

Jackrum

I'm having great difficulties with the bow as well, I've decided to put it aside for the time being. U know i've got pretty much the same gold string on mine too.

M

Mark_1984

Slow slow progress...... I pick up the bow, look at it........ put it down again..... have a beer.... pick it up again..... look at it... think a bit....... muse over the glue pot..... put it down..... have another beer...... pick it up again.... experimentally try prodding a tab or two into place..... and eventually actually glue a tab. (Just the one.... then I put it down again......) :cry:

It's not going very well..... got a massive twist in it, and I'm trying to work out how I'm going to tie off the bow string from inside once I've closed up the bow :confused:

Anyway, here is the other main section of the bow. It's glued together on three sides. Now needs to be mated with the larger part.

bow8.jpg

I'll get it finished eventually....... (might take a good few more beers tho :twisted: )

Lex

Dollmaker
Mark_1984 said:
Slow slow progress...... I pick up the bow, look at it........ put it down again..... have a beer.... pick it up again..... look at it... think a bit....... muse over the glue pot..... put it down..... have another beer...... pick it up again.... experimentally try prodding a tab or two into place..... and eventually actually glue a tab. (Just the one.... then I put it down again......)

Exactly... Another of those times when you just don't feel like making the model and simply enjoys the looks of the half-finished part ;)

dansls1

Slow slow progress...... I pick up the bow, look at it........ put it down again..... have a beer.... pick it up again..... look at it... think a bit....... muse over the glue pot..... put it down..... have another beer......

Well, with those beers you've got to be enjoying yourself at any rate - and all hobbies should be about having fun - right? :D

M

Mark_1984

The bow progresses

Well, the end is almost in sight. The two sections of the bow have been mated.

bow9.jpg

I left the shorter section glued on three sides, then glued that to the main section. Finally I closed up the fourth side. This didn't go too badly, although some of the tabs were too big and needed trimming. You can see the end is flayed where I haven't glued that yet. I've got to fix the bow string in there somehow. I'm also still trying to decide if I can do anything about the twist in the bow, or whether it won't notice on the finished model.

Yippeee! I'm glad you havn't given up. Your build is looking awesome.

...I've got one of these on the way, along with the lineage II elf. Can't wait till they arrive.

M

Mark_1984

Thanks :) I certainly hadn't given up, but was away for a couple of weeks on hols. My builds tend to slow down when they get difficult as well :eek:ops:

I've got an Elf kit (hopefully) on it's way to me. It's coming surface mail from the States and it's taking months..... I think it must be going via Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Calcuta and the moon :(

he he. Mine too. Been waiting a couple of months now..

anyhoo. The bowstring appears to be simply tied to other end on the box art. a nice neat wrap and a spot o' glue should be enough. Just a thought...

Lex

Dollmaker
Awesome bow you have there Mark!!! --Sad thing you can't shoot arrows with it though... ;)

M

Mark_1984

Well, I've finally finished that %$£@!! bow. Thanks to Mousemuffins1 for the suggestion about looking at the artwork on the box. Believe it or not I never even thought to look at the picture on the box.... Well, the lid is upside down holding some of the parts.....or just call me stupid.......

Anyway, it's neatly tied off, and you don't notice the twist when the girl is holding the bow, so I'm going to leave it as it is.

All that's left is a few details on the girl. I'll post some pictures soon.

Cheers
Mark

Woot. I'm glad things went well with the bow. My archer (along with the elf) has finally turned up. I thing I'll tackle the Bow first.

M

Mark_1984

At last, the bow is finished

bow10.jpg

Yes, I've finally completed the bow. It's a pig !!!! Too many tabs doesn't help, but even with some strategic de-tabbing it's still awkward to do. It's got quite a twist in it, but it doesn't show when it's on the model, so I can live with it. The bow string is simply tied off at the pointed end of the bow.

head9.jpg

Here is the head closed up. I did this ages ago but forgot to take a photo.

All that's left to do is the fiddly little bits like the whisps of hair and the bracelets. It should be finished soon.

C

cgutzmer

Nice work! SHe is coming along beautifully! Thanks for taking that pic in hindsight! :)
Chris

M

Mark_1984

Thanks Chris,

Here's another shot with hindsight. sign1

hindsight.jpg

Ok - hands up who didn't see that one coming :twisted:

Here's a shot of the head with some details added.

head10.jpg

Cheers
Mark